The Beginning Of A great Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beginning Of A great Adventure

For a very long time I have been wanting to dive into a project. Up until a year ago I didn’t have a place to embark on such an endeavor. Now that I have a garage, the house belongs to the wife lol, I am ready to start on something. A friend of mine made me a great deal on 3 trucks. A 1975 Dodge 200 ¾ ton crew cab, a 1979 Dodge 300 1 ton 4x4, and a 1982 Dodge 100 ½ ton. From the three will emerge my first project truck.

I got the front clip off over the weekend, I'm looking to have the cab off this weekend.

Comment

Well just dive right in there, Quantum Jo! Welcome to the site, sounds like you'll fit right in!!!

That is one great assortment of trucks from which to build a project, plus have 2 trucks left over to sell to pay for the project. Or restore them too :~ )

Have a real fun time & work safe!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome JimmieD. The other 2 trucks will end up being scraped after I take what I want from them. Some of the stuff might get parted out and I may end up using one of the frames as a trailer.

Cab off, box next weekend.

Comment

wow

you have done more in a 2 weeks than I've done in 18 months. Welcome QuantumJo and thanks for getting me motivated. keep the picts coming. Buffalo NY? How bad is the salt damage?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome 74w300uteline. Does this board prefer full size pix or links like I have posted? The core support and cab are spanked, the truck only has 58k on the clock and has been sitting for over 8 years. I must have swept up around 40 lbs of rust off the ground after the clean ups.

Comment

So what's your final goal? I mean I can guess what mine would be, but what's yours? What motor(s)an what transmission(s)?

And as for pics, most people host them on photobucket and then paste the IMG code.

Comment

When it's done I want to race the truck in the dirt drag Class 3 super stock & mud bog Limited Mod at Dunn Tire Raceway Park http://www.dunntireracewaypark.com/ As for an engine I will be looking for a 440, eventually I will want a to build a stroker http://www.440source.com/ unless a Hemi drops in my lap, yeah fat chance lol. For a transmission I will be looking for a 727.

I have updated my web site http://web.me.com/quantum.jo/Site/Welcome.html to reflect my progress on the project. I’ll add new pix as I get more done.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
                  Thanks for the welcome 74w300uteline. Does this board prefer full size pix or links like I have posted? ...
                  Welcome to the board!

As there are still some here in remote locations and on dial-up, it may be more user friendly for them to to see the full size photo here and not have to click upon another link.
                  However it's a great question, as the page loading speed may be faster for them with the smaller photos and they can still view the small photo without opening another window.
                  What say you guys with dial up?

Comment

Hi Joe,
                    I see you're going at this the Western NY way.... three to make one!
                    I'm up in Lockport. I have a friend who has a Club Cab he might want
                    to sell.... do you have use for such a cab? Its down in the southern tier
                    [Wellsville] where I grew up. Let me know.
                    I own a '92 W250 LA360/5spd manual and used to plow my lane with
                    a '79 W200 I bought from Hubert's Garage on Harlem Rd. My main focus
                    [if you can call it that...] has been the Sweptline era trucks for the past
                    several years. There's a guy in N. Tonawanda who shortened a '74[?]
                    W300.... really nice looking 1 ton SRW short bed now. Welcome to the
                    site. Do you know any other local enthusiasts?....
                    John

Comment

Thanks for the welcome MoparMorm & Hobcobble.
                      I may be in the market for a Club Cab down the road, I have to do some measuring once the box is off. I’ll know more then.

I belong to a local off road club http://www.wnyoffroad.org/forum/index.php I get out and wheel my 2000 XJ with them a few times a year. Now that I’ve started this project I’ll likely put the 33’s and the 4:10 for the XJ on the back burner for a wile.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                        Welcome to the board!

As there are still some here in remote locations and on dial-up, it may be more user friendly for them to to see the full size photo here and not have to click upon another link.
                        However it's a great question, as the page loading speed may be faster for them with the smaller photos and they can still view the small photo without opening another window.
                        What say you guys with dial up?
                        Back 2yrs ago when I first started visiting here on my dad's puter he had dial-up and the big pictures nearly wiped out the situation.He since got DSL and I've got a laptop with all the big nad parts and wireless Broadband the big pics do no harm..Then it just depends on the subject matter whether or not I like big pictures.
                        Last edited by Gordon Maney; 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Welcome Jo.

I'm torn. I really like the big pictures but sometimes they take so long to load that I eventually just abandon even trying to read the thread...

But what am I complaining about - when I was little we had a party line...
                          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

That's good to know guys, I'll try to keep my photo sizes smaller in the future.
                            JO, what about doing the XJ AND the Dodge?.....= )

Comment

Engine & Trans

Getting the bed off turned out to be a real pain in the ***, so I will cut it into manageable pieces. I picked up a 383, a disassembled 440, 727 and a bunch of extra engine parts. The 383 is slated to be the “starter engine” to get the rig to roll down the road. In time the 440 will get opened up to a 512 with all the goodies from 440 source. I am also looking for a 72-79 Dodge club cab with a 8’ box with no to little rust, preferably a Powerwagon.

heads for the 383

Comment

Working...
                              X