March PWA W500 article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March PWA W500 article

I received my March issue today of the PWA. As usual, I am pleased to see it in the mailbox, but today, the presence of an article about W500s jumped out at me. I haven't read the whole article, which I intend to do later this evening, but for now I want to ask about the production dates mentioned in the article. Scott Glick, writer of the article, stated that the W500 was produced from 1957-1968. I owned a 1969 truck, which is shown in the picture, that was titled as a W500. This truck had previously been a Forest Service fire truck at Priest Lake, Idaho.
    Was this actually a late 1968, that was sold and registered in 1969, or was 1969 actually the last year?
    Interestingly the truck had no "Power Wagon" or "W500" badges on it, but it was equipped as any other W500.

Beautiful Truck Jerry. Per the vehicle serial and or VIN Number on your truck did it break it down by date per chance?
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanogre View Post
      Beautiful Truck Jerry. Per the vehicle serial and or VIN Number on your truck did it break it down by date per chance?
      Unfortunately I don't have the truck anymore.
      I do have it registered on the sweptline.org registry, but I can't access the page for some reason.
      I know somewhere I have a picture of the data plate. I will have to look for it.

Comment

They made W500s through '71.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by Hobcobble View Post
          They made W500s through '71.
          John
          True..... then began calling them W600's until stopping production with the 1977 models (72/73 kept Sweptline cab, 74/75/76/77 used a Lifestyle cab & went from split case Timken/Rockwell front axle to either Dana 70 or front loader Rockwell.)

But I think the "Power Wagon" badging may have ended in 68.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
          X