Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I pass on the news that Gordon passed away on the morning of June 19. I can't come up with the right words to continue this post. He was a true friend. A mentor. He was many things to me.

I am so sorry to read to read this. I am at least glad that I had a chance to meet him before he passed from this world.

Bob Thompson

Comment

Just received the news a couple of hours ago. I don't want to believe it.

Junior

Comment

This was the first site I ever joined.

Gordon had mentioned that things were in place to keep the magazine & website going when this time came. And while I am glad of that, part of me has trouble disconnecting Gordon from the PWA. They seemed to be one & the same.

Bucky

Comment

Ouch. I have been a subscriber for over 25 years which I guess says as much as anything. Really wish I could have met him in person. May he rest in peace.

Comment

This is truly shocking and very sad. Gordon's contribution the Power Wagon world was and remains enormous. His knowledge was only outdone by his thoughtful desire to learn even more, and to pass that knowledge on to his readers and subscribers. He is missed.
            John

Comment

Sad news indeed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Godspeed, Gordon. You will be missed.

Comment

I had the opportunity to get to know Gordon personally over the last ten or so years in a lot of correspondence we shared. Also got to meet him at a few rallies. I counted him as a friend. I think he felt the same.
                  A truly inspirational man. Also very kind, and aware of what is really important in our lives, our relationships.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news he sure will be missed

Comment

Gordon,
                      You will be missed, The Lord has plans for you, taking care of all the power wagon family who have gone before you. Don Bunn noted that there was no leadership and told God that you were weary and ready.

You will truly be missed. Pauline & I will say a prayer for you.

Comment

Thanks for telling us, I never got to meet him, but its still going to feel weird without him around encouraging all things Dodge.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. This is so sad. I only met Gordon a few times, but we corresponded quite often regarding the purchase of, and later on, issues with his zero turn lawnmower.
                          He was a great influence to those in this hobby and I will miss him.
                          We will pray for his family.
                          Jeff

Comment

Oh, I am truly in shock and deeply sad over this. I read with great sadness about his health struggles a few months ago when he made them to known to us through this forum, but I had hopes that he would recover. And yet I would often log onto the forum, halfway expecting (dreading) to read of the sad news. Now it finally came.

I surely have looked up to him over the years. I got to meet him once, but that was not enough. I'm glad so many of us got to tell him how much we have been positively influenced by him and how much we all appreciate him.

My heart goes out to him, his friends and family and all of us in the Power Wagon community who have lost a great friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                              This was the first site I ever joined.

Gordon had mentioned that things were in place to keep the magazine & website going when this time came. And while I am glad of that, part of me has trouble disconnecting Gordon from the PWA. They seemed to be one & the same.

Bucky
                              It would be a shame to try and disconnect the two, as they are the same. I imagine he will be around for as long as we want him to be.

cd
                              1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                              1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                              2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                              1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                              1954 Ford 860 tractor
                              1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                              UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Working...
                              X