Goin to the beach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goin to the beach!

Going to do some wheeling down at the OBX with Joel Folman and Ed Bevis.
    Three PW's... a mini rally
    Should draw quite a crowd...hopefully will not be inundated with people.
    Will be heading to an area with only sand roads and wild ponies!
    Will send pics!
    Attached Files

Dave. Sounds like fun! I used to enjoy driving on the beaches in Calif. Pismo Beach went on forever. And the dunes at Morro Bay were lots of fun. Now they would probably put you on the Group W Bench and then forever lockup if they caught you. Around our lake, which is over 90000 acres and lots of shore line, the only accessible beaches are in front of millionaires' homes. The rest are at the base of steep faced mountains or on the other side of the railroad right of way. Be sure to rinse her off when you are done. What kind of "wild ponies"? JH

Comment

Jerry,
      There are wild ponies starting up in Maryland on Assateague Island, some of these are over the line in Virginia too, and there is another band that lives in North Carolina.
      What I heard is they think they swam ashore centuries ago from a spanish shipwreck.
      They are about the size of a Welsh Pony. I have seen them go into the surf to get some relief from horse flies.
      The State and Federal government helps to manage the herds.
      The one area in N.C. that has them is a community accessible only by 4X4, all sand roads, no pavement.

Comment

Fun!
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Have fun! FYI, some of the areas around here are starting to require permits to drive on the beaches.

Comment

Damien,
            You are right, we are going to get the NPS permits for wheeling south.
            I still would like to stop by your place sometime in the future to see your great project.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
              Damien,
              You are right, we are going to get the NPS permits for wheeling south.
              I still would like to stop by your place sometime in the future to see your great project.
              It's not going anywhere anytime soon, and I'm always willing to talk truck!

Comment

Day 2 of the OBX Rally, the way a PW Rally should be!

Day 2, members of the public were ecstatic over the power wagons!

http://photos.imageevent.com/share/p...e/IMG_6463.JPG

Comment

Great picture! I really like that dark blue. Have any full shots of the other one in the background? I haven't seen many that color.

Comment

Working...
                  X