Gama Goat tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gama Goat tail lights

Tip for all M37 tail lights. Just replaced a bulb on the NOS tail lights I installed several years ago. I snapped off 4 of the 6 SS screws that hold the lense on. USE PLENTY OF NEVER SEIZE ON THESE SCREWS WHEN INSTALING.

Why do you call them Gama Goat taillights?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I have not seen these lights this gentleman is describing; but typically Gama Goat lights are the same as the early style M Series light assy's, only they feature a full red lense (rear, amber lense front) rather than the small oval lense of the earlier style. The complete lense assy was a direct replacement for the older type used on early light fixtures. These were standard on the Goats and found their way onto various other M Series vehicles before the NATO composite lights became the norm.

Another tip: using anti-seize is a good idea; however the bigger factor when using stainless steel fasteners in any application is to NEVER over torque them. The threads will stretch very easily even if only using gentle torque; once this happens, removing them is only a fading memory; they will break every time. When this has happened, anti-seize won't help the cause. It's purpose is to lubricate and help to keep corrosion at bay.

Comment

Great tip on the stainless fasteners. I am not sure I would have known they were stainless, though, leaving me vulnerable to that error.

The composite lights are the larger ones, is that right?
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
          Great tip on the stainless fasteners. I am not sure I would have known they were stainless, though, leaving me vulnerable to that error.

The composite lights are the larger ones, is that right?
          Composite lights are the larger ones commonly seen on M Series trucks these days. They have the large service Tail-turn-brake section at the top with black-out marker and brake lights in the lower portion. The fronts are the same except for using an amber lense at the top and they don't have the black-out brake light at the bottom. The rears are pear shaped, the fronts are a little more rounded due to the fact that the extreme lower section is not needed. For reference, these were used on the M37 "BUDD" project we completed a while back.

Comment

The composite lights are still in use by the military today. The front housings are the same shape as the rears now because they added front black-out marker signals. You can easily google HMMWV, or hummer to get an idea of what they look like if you cant find the M37 project Charles mentioned.

Comment

Gamma Goat Tail lights

Charles is correct, these are the standard M37 type lights with full red lenses. Some convert by just replacing the lens cover on the stock M37 tail lights with a lens cover from a g-goat light.

Here is the whole shebang. Direct replacement, but newer style rubber m-series connectors.

http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/newred.htm

Comment

Working...
              X