Film Crew at 2008 Ralley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Crew at 2008 Ralley

During the trail ride of the 2008 ralley there was a film crew filming the trucks. They were supposed to be making a documentary. Does anyone know about it?

Joe

I have never seen anything that came from that. I had forgotten all about it.

They even interviewed me. I guess I won't be famous after all....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That's too bad. But don't worry Gordon, you are famous here.
      Do you know anything about them or where they are from?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Flo View Post
        That's too bad. But don't worry Gordon, you are famous here.
        Do you know anything about them or where they are from?
        I believe they knew Dave Butler somehow, but I don't know anything more. It was a big project of some sort in the making, larger than the rally, I think.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

My company, Virgo Multimedia - more specifically myself and cameraman Sean - attended the 2008 Rally to conduct interviews and shoot footage for a documentary on the Power Wagon hobby.

Our goal was to have the production ready for the 2009 Rally. Unfortunately, shortly after digitizing all the footage (transferring from videotape to computer) through the autumn and early winter of 2009, there was a break-in at our production facility and all our computer editing equipment was stolen. :mad:

It was several months before we were able to sort things out with the insurance company and replace the equipment. In that time, other more pressing (read paying) projects came along that knocked us off our 2009 schedule.

We had hoped to regroup and be ready for the 2010 Rally, but as we began re-digitizing footage we came to discover that we did not have as much footage of the truck in action as we were darn sure we had shot.

Autumn is a very busy season for us and once again other projects have taken priority. However, we are preparing to start soliciting footage from the PW community (that means you) so we can flesh out what we already have on hand and hopefully get this thing finished for the 2011 rally.

I'll have more information soon about where footage can be sent.

In the meantime, I hope the the mystery is solved, and I hope you can hold out just a little longer so that we may work to give you all a product that reflects your hobby in the best light, and that we all can be proud of.

Regards,
          Craig Michaels
          Executive Producer
          Virgo Multimedia

Comment

Craig,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks you have had. I hope everything works out with the project and look forward to seeing it.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Flo View Post
              Craig,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks you have had. I hope everything works out with the project and look forward to seeing it.

Joe
              x2

Comment

PW Footage

Hey Craig,
                Let us know how the project is coming along from time to time. I would be interested in purchasing a copy or two as well!

Comment

Working...
                X