Power Wagon Advertiser Forums Vintage Powerwagons Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine

Go Back   Power Wagon Advertiser Forums > FORUM USERS, FEATURES & BENEFITS > Tiered Benefits

Notices

Tiered Benefits What you gain as a Power Wagon Advertiser subscriber or Premium Forum User

Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

Increased benefits & functionality

Premium Forum Users have all of the same forum benefits and privileges enjoyed by Power Wagon Advertiser magazine subscribers.

One privilege has to do with images. Most forums currently do not directly host images, instead requiring that you use a web based image hosting service. This is because hosting images has, as database size grows, ever increasing cost with regard to site operation. The forum site's database has grown considerably in size since these forums began, and as you might guess, we cannot run the site at a loss.

Power Wagon Advertiser magazine subscribers and Premium Forum Users can host images for free, as it is for those subscribers who pay for this site. Along with, of course, those generous forum users who choose to donate in support of the forums. Their kindness is greatly appreciated.

Users who are not magazine subscribers or premium users cannot have their images hosted by the site. They may, however, link to remotely hosted images, as is the method with some sites.

Other privileges enjoyed by the Subscriber and Premium User groups are avatars, the search function, emailing other users, as well as access to all archival forums and the subscriber forum, Inner Circle.

....for more information on archival forums, go here:
http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ad.php?t=10811

Those who support the forums should be rewarded for their dedication and loyalty. This is our way of providing that reward.

Those wishing to receive these added benefits and functions may subscribe to Power Wagon Advertiser magazine,

Click here to become a magazine subscriber.

....or become Premium Forum Users. Registered users accomplish that via their UserCP [user control panel].

Click here to become a premium user.

Once you are inside the UserCP, on the left, down low, you will see a link called Paid Subscriptions.

You will be provided a drop-down where you may choose a time period of one or two years. Continuing on, you will be provided a mechanism with which you may use a credit card to make payment.

It is administered by Paypal, but you need not be a Paypal member and you need not use a Paypal account. You may use a conventional credit card.

They have it set up so that is not immediately obvious, for apparent reasons that they promote themselves, but there is a continue link just above the credit card company logos that allows you to use a regular credit card.

This is not a recurring charge. The option to set it up that way was offered, but I feel that people most prefer circumstances that do not renew charges. This means that when your benefits expire, you need to go back in and subscribe again with your credit card.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Last edited by Gordon Maney; 04-05-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Gordon Maney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

PM [private messaging] & Email privileges

I had a forum user mention that the PM [private messaging] system was not working for him.

I just did some investigating with regard to the PM system. It is enabled and it is working. I completed a number of tests, verifying all that.

Important note: Private Messaging is only possible for magazine subscribers and premium forum users. Both parties involved in the exchange must be part of an eligible user group.

I am reminded in my investigation that each user wanting to use these features must go into his/her UserCP [user control panel] to options, and make appropriate selections enabling private messaging and email for his/her user account.

One comment about these systems. I discourage use of them as an alternative to posting useful information, for what amount to selfish reasons. We want to be able to read useful content, and if you only send it to the recipient of your note, then we miss that, become sad, and ultimately despondent.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
phil bazemore
Registered

User benefits

Hello Gordon,
I'm having trouble figuring out where to enter my subscriber number on control panel.
Thanks for your help,
phil
phil bazemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

Go to UserCP [that is the link name for the user control panel], then look to your left and choose Edit Your Details.

Scroll down, you will see a blank for Subscriber Code.

Enter the subscriber code from a mailing label of your magazine, then be sure to send me an email so I get you moved.

Thank you very much for asking!

Email me at the contact us link below. Email with any question you may have, also.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
ringodog
Registered

Site blocked

Hi Gordon, the site to sign up as Premium Forum User is blocked for security reasons. Let me know what to do. Thanks, mark
ringodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

I just tried it and it works fine. I am not sure what you mean by, blocked.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
ringodog
Registered

Ok, I'll try it again.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
ringodog
Registered

Ok, I got it. I was trying to use the link in the post and it didn't like it.
Thanks, Mark
Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
MrMarty51
Registered

I d.k.

I am not sure what I need to do here.
If I click on this link "Click here to become a magazine subscriber." does that include the twelve magazines plus the benefits of the forum or if I choose this option do I still need to apply for the monthly magazines ???? I D.K. {I Dont Know} - LOL
I`m not the sharpest tack in the box.LOL
MrMarty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #10
Bruce
Registered

Thumbs up What It Means

Hey MrMarty51,
I am a subscriber, & as one I get the PWA mag & on-line privileges, post pic's and other cool stuff, right Gordon?
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarty51 View Post
I am not sure what I need to do here.
If I click on this link "Click here to become a magazine subscriber." does that include the twelve magazines plus the benefits of the forum or if I choose this option do I still need to apply for the monthly magazines ???? I D.K. {I Dont Know} - LOL
I`m not the sharpest tack in the box.LOL
Yes! Magazine subscribers get full forum benefits at no charge.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Hey MrMarty51,
I am a subscriber, & as one I get the PWA mag & on-line privileges, post pic's and other cool stuff, right Gordon?
Yes!

Old 10-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #13
MrMarty51
Registered

K00L,I`ll be there in a short while.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
MrMarty51
Registered

Finally,I got it done.
I got some pics. of a couple of Spicer hubs I cleaned up and installed new switches in but I`ll wait until I get all confirmed and all before I post the pics. and the website where I found the hub selector switches.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Gordon Maney
Editor/Publisher PWA

Great!