Tumbling the door locks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tumbling the door locks...

I don't have keys for the door locks, only the ignition key and have gone to every locksmith in the area. They all say they don't have the pins (or something else) to re-pin / work on these 1957 door locks.

Anyone know a lock smith I could send them to be matched to the ignition key?
    Thanks,
    DrPepper

I've got a 100 year old locksmith company in Ft Wayne that doesn't have problems with our locks. Koehlinger Security Technology Systems 421 E Washington Blvd Ft Wayne IN 260 424 1520 they ordered key blanks for my trucks and have rekeyed locksets for me.

Comment

Knew you would come thru.....

Hi Ron,
      Not getting much done on the TWPW but getting parts together for when time is available.
      Sent Koehlinger an e-mail and see if they can do the re-key for me. I hate parking it outside with no locks on it. Neighborhood isn't bad but there is always the chance for some nut case to snoop and destroy.
      Thanks very much,
      DrPepper

Comment

Did you ever get that brake drum off? They should be able to do your locks since they've done mine. Glad I could help.

Comment

Nope.... alternate plan B in progress

It's still stuck, probably fall off when I replace the axle. Bought a pair of 78 Dodge W100 5 bolt truck axles. Brake drums and rotors are available on the shelf everywhere. Finally came to grips with the fact there were no new brake drums (that I know of) for the '57 axles. Don't have time to dig thru yards to find the '57 replacements and try to make them work. Then there is the ratio, 4:89's are the OEM road gear, the new axles are 3:23 which will work better with the 727 Trans and not toast my TC at road speed. Installing the rear axle only requires moving the spring pads and match up a U-joint. Front axle is a problem since I need to move the springs (that I dont have yet) outward ~2" each. The new axle springs are 2.5" wide, the '57 is 1.75". As always, 90% planning and 10% implementation.
          I'm still in awe at the job you did on that 58 TWPW. Wonderful.!!
          Thanks again,
          DrPepper

Comment

Thanks for the compliment I posted more pictures on my Image event page of the finished product. It's also on You Tube with a great walk around if you haven't seen it. You've got your work cut out for you with an double axle swap. What is the difference in overall length? The track width on a PG isn't that wide compared to later trucks. The narrow springs are a pain too. My place is always open if you want to come down and check out the shop.

Comment

Working...
            X