Gear reduction starter for M37, T-245 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear reduction starter for M37, T-245 engine

We now have available gear reduction starters for M37. We can furnish it in original 24-volt, or 12-volt for those that have converted to a 12-volt system.

Turns the engine much faster, the platform is from a tried and true starter design that has a track record of extremely long, trouble free service. We have tried it on a few engines, I have been impressed.

Charles,

Will you share the length of this starter, and if it is offset in some manor? I am interested in it's ability to use the M37 bell housing and flywheel in another application. The original starter was too long, so that idea went out the window until your creation popped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mills View Post
      Charles,

Will you share the length of this starter, and if it is offset in some manor? I am interested in it's ability to use the M37 bell housing and flywheel in another application. The original starter was too long, so that idea went out the window until your creation popped up.
      It is shorter than original, not sure exactly how much. Orientation can be clocked 360 degrees I believe if we drilled more holes. Exactly what is your need?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mills View Post
        Charles,

The gear reduction starter is 2.5" to 3" shorter than the original 24-volt M37 starter. Both the 12 and 24-volt version have the same length dimensions. It is offset from the center, as installed on an M37 application, the offset is upwards toward the bottom of the oil filter canister, but has several inches of clearance between starter and canister.

Comment

Thanks Charles,

I have not gotten a chance to measure the distance I have to work within. Sounds promising that the gear reduction starter is quite a bit shorter.

Comment

I purchased one of these from Charles...works great!

Comment

Working...
          X