1958 W500 Hemi for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File size can't be over 125k.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

photobucket link

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/thehoov38/slideshow/

Comment

pic info

It looks like one lever but the t-case pto engages with the 6" shorter plain steel lever that is next to the front winch pto lever. The brownie shift lever is the white knob. The dump pto is the red knob, under the headlammp switch, the black knob is the hydraulic valve. The springs over the plate in the rear is a cable tensioner and guide. The pull out bed ladder locks in place with the pop pin on the left side. I am working on the roller fairlead and 2 1/2" class 5 hitch reciever now. The Garwood 20k winch dog operates with the silver pull out handle on the right that has the tractor clip pin locking it in or out. All the drivelines are completely made with new parts and yokes, 1410 spicer, the rear winch uses 1310 joints, the mu2 uses 1000 series spicer joints. All new. Headache rack and removable tail rack are almost done, pics will be posted as they are completed. Just recieved the new stainless ebrake cable from uline tube today.

Comment

hole in bed

The box in the bed is to hold oxygen and accetelene bottles, notice the e-track ratchet strap holding a co2 tank.

Comment

It's possible

Originally posted by thehoov! View Post
            That was the only picture i had on my computer from months ago, all the rest are on my phone, can't get files to upload directly from smartphone, i will get them transferred to computer and posted soon.
            I can post pics from my phone by using the phone to get to this page. It's a little frustrating with a small screen, but it works.

Comment

more work completed

Gone thru the Rockwell FDS750 front axle, powder coated wheels, new 9.00 X 20 Power King super traction tires, new brakes and hardware, knuckle boots, bearings, seals, spindle nuts and lockwashers, u-bolts, spring and frame bushings. Class 6 2 1/2" receiver hitch that uses the 12 factory bolt holes. With rear auxiliary PTO output to drive a threaded cone log splitter. All brake hard lines stainless steel, with stainless spring wraped axle lines exactly replication of the stock steel lines, factory electric mico-lock. Factory mechanical tach, searching for a tach drive distributor. New e-brake and speedo cable like the stock ones without the plastic covered housing. Rebuilt fuel sending unit. Fuel tank lined. Underbed boxes each side. Hot Hemi Heads fuel pump adapter and new modern smallblock fuel pump, and spin on oil filter adapter. Parts and labor $17,000. Paint job estimates $25k to $35k, glass, weather stripping, window channels included. No Interior estimate yet. Make an offer, when she's done I'm gonna want $100k for the sweetest W500 on the planet.

Comment

pic

Recent pictures
                Attached Files

Comment

Jealous

That 500 is so nasty. Well done.

Comment

winches

Up front, reproduced bumperettes from 3/8" sheet instead of the factory 1/4" thick sheet, haven't drilled the aray of 8, 1/2" holes in each face yet. Left some tabs to bolt the spring loaded roller fairlead, an MU2 with 200' of 1/2" Spectra nylon rope and a Gunnebo hook. The factory gussets from the frame extentions to the bumperettes where 1/8" sheet triangles below and the top were 1/4", with thick spacers and stacked washers, I remade them from 1/2" and 1/4" plate with no spacers.

In back I have a 20,000 pound Garwood winch with a fresh drum tightly wound with 175' of 5/8" 6X26 galvie with a Gunnebo hook. Note the spring loaded tensioner plate on top and a spring loaded roller fairlead. Also an auxiliary PTO output with a 1 3/8"x6 quick disconnect for a threaded cone log splitter or whatever you want to spin. Both driven from the transfercase PTO, either or. The receiver hitch is the 2 1/2" square type with a 2" reducer in it, holding the bearings for the auxiliary PTO stainless 1 1/2" shaft. I made a sweet set of dump bed hinges with 1 1/4" blocks underneath to hang clevises from, 1 1/2" pins, 4 grease zerks, nicely triangulated to the bed frame.

Comment

ladder and hoist

On the right side underneath the bed is a pull out ladder and the bed hoist is a 1961 Low Boy model 445 with the matching PTO hydraulic pump driven by a Chealsea PTO driven from the second port on the 420 transmition. Next I am going to drive a 25 CFM compressor pump off one of the PTO ports on the Brownie, haven't found a PTO for a 6231 Brown and Sipe yet, let me know if you know of one floating around out there, thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

you tube video

Search 1958 Dodge Hemi Power Wagon to find it on you tube

Comment

you tube video

Search 1958 Dodge W500 Hemi Power Wagon to find it on you tube

Comment

found factory optional vacuum reserve tank and gauge

Just found another rare factory option to install on the W500;

Tank, Vacuum reserve-1,000 cu. In., with illuminated gauge

Still looking for the correct windshield washer setup, tach drive distributor for the mechanical tach, radiator overflow tank, radiator grill brush gaurd and I will have every dedesirable factory option there is.

I am on the fence about a few others, the auxiliary electric fuel pump, velocity type engine governor, windshield bright molding and the cab corner lights.

The options on my W500 now installed are;

Air cleaner, external oil bath, high dust environment type
                            Ash receiver
                            Custom cab equipment
                            Directional signals flashing type group 2
                            Engine V8 314.61 cu. in. heavy duty
                            Generator 40 amp high charge at low speed
                            Glass tint all areas
                            Grab handles chrome
                            Heater, fresh air with defrost
                            Horns, dual-air note type
                            Hubs, front axle manually locking type
                            Lights, hazard signal stat type
                            Lighter, cigar
                            Lock, dispatch door
                            Mirror, interior, in addition to standard
                            Mirror, exterior long arm type left and right
                            Oil filter, replaceable element type, 2 quart capacity
                            Power take off assembly transfer case
                            Radio, roof mounted Phillco 700
                            Running boards, short with brackets
                            Seat, air baffle adjustable type
                            Seat back, foam rubber padding
                            Seat cushion, foam rubber padding
                            Shock absorbers, front
                            Springs, heavy duty, front and rear
                            Sun visor, interior right side
                            Tachometer, mechanical
                            Tank, vacuum reserve, 1,000 cu. in. with illuminated gauge
                            Tow hooks, front, pair
                            Winch assembly, front, drive included
                            Window, rear wrap around
                            Windshield wipers, 2 speed

Comment

My W600 has the vacuum tank & gauge. I don't know if it was std or optional for my yr.

Bucky

Comment

you tube video

Fixed the link, search;Dodge W500 Hemi Power Wagon
                                Still a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X