Anyone know a good stripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a good stripper?

I am debating weather to strip my truck’s body panels to bare metal or scuff em up and paint. If I do decide to take them right down I will be looking for effective auto paint stripper. If anyone here has had experience, success or failure, with different brands please let me know.

Well there's this gal named Trixie, but she's more of a pole dancer.
    Sorry, it was beyond my ability to resist a straight line like that.

I have no recent experience with automotive paint removers. Everything I've used in the past has likely been banned by the EPA .

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
      I am debating weather to strip my truck’s body panels to bare metal or scuff em up and paint. If I do decide to take them right down I will be looking for effective auto paint stripper. If anyone here has had experience, success or failure, with different brands please let me know.
      Are you meaning a product, or are you meaning a place that would dip your cab and body parts?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

paint stripper?

I have used some stuff called Circa 1852 (or something like that) which is a furniture stripper .. it worked pretty good on lifting up the 3 or 4 paint jobs that the logging company laid over the original green on my truck... the original paint seemed to laugh at it though..

Comment

Gorden, I'm looking for a product to apply to my truck and remove the paint at my shop. Also a product to remove undercoating, I was told a propane torch and a scraper would do the trick.

Thanks Chris, I'll look into that product. At one time I used stripease. it worked great on automotive paint.

Do you still have Trixie's number Bob?

Comment

dont know if it can be useful but if you apply 1 coat ..let it dry like an hours... and reapply it gonna be 2x stronger... (old guy tricks) and it works!

Comment

stripper

My personal experience with paint stripper hasn't been very good, doesn't eat military paint well, can't get it on a lot of plastics and very hard to clean up, must also be neutralized thoroughly before you paint over it. The cheapest way is to wetsand the whole thing with 320 or 400 and re prime and re paint. otherwise soda blasting might be a good idea? A heat gun or torch works on undercoating and you can scrub off what remains with acetone, laquer thinner or gas..

Comment

Used to be you wanted (for effectiveness, not necessarily for safety) something that contained Methylene Chloride, and lots of it.

Today they have watered strippers down so much you could nearly drink them.

Some strippers are sensitive to temperature.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                X