`58 Power Wagon named Al resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasp n black widows

I do not think these drums have been off in a very long time. A home to wasp and black widows for sometime in the field. 13x2.5 shoes #60 #417485 National seals #WC9344 cylinders (had to replace due to frozen solid pistons. Drums measure out 13.025 both sides so good there. Bearing are great.

Wheels fit nice , just checking them on hub to see which are the straightest to use on front. All decent considering how old they are.
    Attached Files

Comment

Brakes and tires

We have front and rear brakes now and the tire and wheel set-up are in place. I like it so much better and it turns so easy now.
      Attached Files

Comment

side shot

Sunny side up
        Attached Files

Comment

Dash

No air bags just a bird nest
          Attached Files

Comment

I truly love the Patina on this truck. The new tires and wheels just make the old truck smile.
            1967 W200.aka.Hank
            1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
            2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Sweet truck! Keep the pictures coming, I am enjoying seeing your progress. What hemi is in it? 315? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Andydodgegeek View Post
                Sweet truck! Keep the pictures coming, I am enjoying seeing your progress. What hemi is in it? 315? Thanks for sharing.
                It is a 1957 392 Hemi, it was in there when I got the truck and I brought it back to life with some minor work. I believe it has been in there for a long time and it is all chrome under that dirt and grime. Must have looked really nice back when they put it in. I am not much into the chrome being polished up I kind of like it like it is.
                Thanks for asking

Comment

The 1957 New Yorker 392 , just fits in there with some exhaust manifold mods.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is so cool.

Comment

It seems part shiny and part patina is the newest fad. Some of the antique tractor set are doing it. I believe I'd shine that motor up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
                        It seems part shiny and part patina is the newest fad. Some of the antique tractor set are doing it." I believe I'd shine that motor up".
                        I am tempted :)

Comment

The sound it makes when you start it has to make you giggle every time it starts...
                          1967 W200.aka.Hank
                          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Air cleaner score

I found a factory air cleaner housing in nice condition for Al, I just need to make the front valve cover support since it was long gone. Even the Hastings filter was still good.

And buddy that goes to swap meets allot found a replacement handle for my spot light, the old one fell off when I touched it.

Think next will be a rear window seal as it looks like if I slam the door with the windows up it might just decide to fall out . EEEKs
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yankee lights

I already had Yankee spot/fog lights on the front and no tail/brake lights at all, so I decided to hunt down some to match in the back. I found one on ebay so far just need one more.
                              Attached Files

Comment

rear window

Next is to fix this mess of a window seal, if you look at it long enough you can watch pieces falling off. I am afraid the glass will fall out soon so better get this done. There are many holes above glass from different thing being screwed to cab so I will weld those up while glass is out.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X