Pedal adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal adjustment

I am nearing the end of the complete restoration of my M37. I was going to install the drivers side floor plates today and realized the pedals come up through the floor to far and hit the plates. i can see how to adjust the clutch so it doesnt come up as far but im at a loss for the brake pedal. Any thoughts? also do the floor rubbers fit under the plates? Mine were long gone when i got the truck so i have no idea and iv never seen another truck around here to check.

As far as I remember the floor plate is the stop for the brake. yes it will come up with the floor plate removed but once installed it will be fine. The rubbers go on the pedal shafts and stay on the engine side of the floor plate. After the floor plate is in and bolted you must make sure there is a small amount of FREE PLAY in the brake pedal to mastercylinder plunger. I am talking of maybe an 1/8 of an inch . If you dont have any free play it will cause the brakes to engage and they will get very hot . You will probably need to remove the clevis pin from the brake rod to adjust the free play. As I recall I had to pull the rubber master cylinder boot off to get at the lock nut on the push rod.

Comment

Thanks im going to try that this weekend

Comment

ok i got in my draft pads. hate to sound like a newbi but which way do they go on? anyone have a pic of an installed set. and how the heck do u get them on the pedal. thanks guys

Comment

When NOS were available apparently it was possible to succeed most of the time over the pedal by boiling the pads in water. I am advised that the repro pads won't survive that method. They need to be cut and glued with super glue or 3M Weatherstripping adhesive. Also put a wire tie around them.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Does the flat part of the pad go up or the bellowed part?

Comment

I believe the flat side contacts the underside of the floor pan.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thanks Gordon. You guys are always helpful

Comment

Working...
                X