2000 4bt with 256 Hours for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 4bt with 256 Hours for sale

I've got a friend with a complete 4bt for sale. Came out of an air compressor so I am guessing you may also need a bell housing adapter.. not sure.

CLEAN motor with only 256 hours on it, and he said most of that was idle time because it was a pressure on demand machine.

Located in Norfolk, VA.

$3500 Obo
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

It's my understanding that a fixed speed 4BT isn't the same as a variable speed 4BT. Might, so say can't, but it might be able to be converted, but I'm sure at a considerable cost to work well in a variable speed application.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

From what I've read the injection pump would probably be wrong for automotive applications, but not sure that there are much in the way of internal differences.

Obviously you won't have a power steering pump and such, wonder if the pump mounting point is just blocked off or if you'd need a whole different timing cover? Might already have a remote mount oil filter plate, which makes things more flexible.

Now, if you wanted to build the world's first series hybrid Power Wagon, it could be the perfect power plant!

Comment

Get the flywheel adapter of your choice.
        Add the PS pump (remove cover plate)
        and run it.
        It will run just fine.
        Non emission.
        Tom
        WDX & Misc. Pics.
        http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
        "47" Dodge WDX WW
        "52" Dodge M-37 WW
        "54" Willys M38A1
        "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
        "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
        "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
        "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
        "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
        "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
          It's my understanding that a fixed speed 4BT isn't the same as a variable speed 4BT. Might, so say can't, but it might be able to be converted, but I'm sure at a considerable cost to work well in a variable speed application.
          In my best '60s Hippie / Cheech n Chong voice...:
          THIS IS WHAT THE EPA WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE MAAANN!!! ITS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST ECONOMIC DIESELS!!! GOVT IS IN BED WITH BIG OIL MAAANN!!!

ha ha.. I actually don't know personally what the speed control applications might do. He says its a late model with the most "versatile" pump... I'm guessing that means VE?
          1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

True, I'm no expert, just vaguely remember another PW/M37 owner's comments when he re=powered his three trucks with 4BT's. It wasn't only the Pump, but Cam and some other items, but I'm just remembering from several years ago.
            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
            Will
            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

It's basically just the pump that's different. The air compressor type engine will have a set throttle type of pump where the throttle is set and the pump controls the fuelling according to the load on the engine. Think of a tractor. Injection pumps meant for trucks/cars have the fuel rate dictated by the throttle position.

Example you are cruising at 60mph and come to a 6% grade, you must depress the go pedal to maintain 60mph. The tractor style IP would increase the fuel to keep the engine at the same RPM

Comment

Working...
              X