No announcement yet.

80 gal compressor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you say clearly. It is in most everything these days. We have an Ingersoll-Rand as our main shop unit, however it is years old now. It has been 100% trouble free for years. Never spent a dime other than routine maintenance, so I'll have to praise it highly. If I were replacing it today, I'd do some serious homework before even considering any purchase. Quincy has been a great and trusted name brand for many years just as Ingersoll-Rand has, but a new one today, I don't know anything without seriously checking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      Charles,
      Based on what I have learned, this 3 hp GE motor is not original. These 325 pumps came with 5 & 7.5 hp motors.

The mounting slide base was moved from it's original position & welded in a new position, just to get the pulley to line up with the flywheel. Funny thing is, the pulley was on backwards. Had they removed the pulley & installed it correctly, it would have lined up just fine.

The mounting slide base, which is original, is for a 184T frame motor.

I believe with a 5 hp motor, output is 20 SCFM @ 175 PSI

I have a line on a Dayton 5 hp 230V 184T frame motor locally. I probably will use this for my initial motor and will go the gas route further down the road.

As an aside, I have looked at ALOT of new air compressors lately. And they mostly look like cheap foreign made junk. The high dollar Ingersoll-Rand pumps are made in India. I've seen sandcastles with better looking workmanship. The castings are all jagged. They look like used pumps with a quicky black paint job.

I will gamble on this dinosaur instead, as my needs aren't excessive.
      thanks,
      Bucky
      I must say, that is a great line. I may have to use it some time.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
      X