No announcement yet.

New guy with electrical question 74 powerwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 1974 FSM, but don't have a way to scan from it. What in particular are you not being able to figure out with your wiring?

Bucky

Comment

I ordered the cd today, I'll see if it has the right diagram. I,m probably going to do away with the firewall bulkhead connectors, I'm pretty sure that is where all the intermittent issues come from. Do you know of a kit to replace it besides buying the whole harness from painless?

Comment

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/

This is a site I just ran across, I haven't dealt with them. Maybe they could help.

What you are going through is normal. I pretty much gut all wiring from any 70's Dodge I buy & go through it strand by strand. It's just a weak spot you have to deal with.

Bucky

Comment

Ya I have already found some issues that look fine when chasing with a test light but, checking with a meter tells a totally different story. Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by 74PW View Post
            Ya I have already found some issues that look fine when chasing with a test light but, checking with a meter tells a totally different story. Thanks for the link
            Seems like the only requirement for membership for the 70's Dodge community is a good test meter..

Comment

Ha Ha! Now that's funny!
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

need some help with the horn, it has no relay and it appears power is consistent to the horn when ign. is on. the horn when pushed, which I assume is just a ground wire to complete the circuit. gets 11 volts, just not enough to trigger the horn. Not sure how to wire a relay in since the horn button really isn't power but a ground. any help?

Comment

Working...
                X