No announcement yet.

48 B1 PW Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

712edf and QuantumJo, thank you for the kind words. I use the PW whenever I can. Whenever I am out I always get many thumbs up
    from others passing by. The truck also draws lookers when I am at the grocery store or home improvement center.

Comment

Drawbar

I purchased a reproduction drawbar for my 48. It was very well done and fit perfectly. Attached are a couple of photos of the final product.
      Attached Files

Comment

That is a great looking truck!

Comment

fantastic

Atta boy, great job!
          Have you found anything to connect to theat PTO out the rear?

Comment

Attachments

I haven't gotten any attachments , yet. I hope to find a small hay flail. It would hook up and function great and I could pull it to any local shows
            for demonstration purposes-or go out and whip up some wet hay.

Comment

Gin Pole

I am in the process of building a gin pole (A-Frame) for the front of my 48. I have already put together the rack for the bed out of 2" pipe. It was made to retain 48" between the pipe in the bed and to bolt to the existing bolts which anchor the bed to the chassis. A fellow PW enthusiast was kind enough to give me a gin pole that came off of a 48 PW. However, this one was made of 3" schedule 80 pipe with lots of cross brackets, very heavy. I wanted to have one that I could transport and set up at a show myself. After looking at many oil field winch trucks with gin pole setups I noted that they were all basic with few, if any, cross brackets on the gin poles. I have decided to keep it basic as the oil field setups are. I am going to use 2" schedule 80 pipe. As soon as I get a couple of photos I will post them.

Comment

Gin Pole/A frame

The mounting brackets for the poles were made from 1/2" plate. I purchased the plate locally and cut, drilled, ground and filed until the final shape was achieved. The brackets were attached under and to the outside of the tow hooks using the existing holes.One new hole was drilled in the front of the bracket and was attached to the top bumper brace. The pins that will hold the poles in place are 1".
                Attached Files

Comment

Gin Pole Fab Pieces

I have finished fabricating the 1/2" plate pieces for the upper and lower ends of each pole. The poles are schedule 80 2" pipe. I have put this together so it can be put together and raised on site by one person. The brackets to be welded on the lower end of each pole are rounded only on one side. The other/back side was left square so as to help prevent the poles from falling backwards onto the cab. Also the Gin pole itself will have storage brackets on the truck so that wherever the truck is so will be the Gin pole. The small parts along with the retention cables will be stored under the air ride seat in the cab. The poles and storage brackets will be next for completion. The rusty pin in the pic will be replaced with a new 1" pin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gin Pole

The poles are finished along with the storage rack on the truck. I can set the poles up and take them down by myself with the assistance of a small mechanical hand winch which is temporarily bolted onto the top of the headache rack for installation.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Niceness

Mega niceness...

Does the rig stay assembled all the time? Looks like it would get in the way if so.

Comment

Gin Pole Portability

No, they are made so they can be broken down and stored on the truck. It takes one person about 20-30 minutes to set it all up from storage. I have made a rack that holds the poles and I keep the pins, wheel, washers and cable stays in a box I bought at the big box store. I will take a couple of pics of the storage and post them.

Comment

Truck Pole Storage

Attached are two pictures with the Gin Poles stored on the truck.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Brackets for Gin Poles

Attached are pictures of the brackets that hold the poles in place on the truck during transportation. Also, the box with parts needed to put the Gin Poles together and raise it into place.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice truck you have there!!!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                                X