how i got started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how i got started

I dont know for sure just always loved the truck since I can remember. My dad had the truck (66 power wagon 4x4) before I was even born. As I got to driving age I wanted the truck to drive but he wouldn't let me. He always told me it was too old to put on the road but I could never get over the fascination for it. It's an ugly truck but that's what makes it unique and here in Fl I havent seen another around where I live at now thats why I would like to restore it and drive it and since my dad has passed on I think he would love if I was to do that too, also my love for trucks period. I drive a 82 chevy 4x4 now that before my dad passed helped me turn it to a 4-wheel drive and he taught me to do the mech. work myself as his father taught him so this is my story and I have a daughter now. My dad passed before she was born but I know he would have loved her and taught her things that he taught me but I'm going to have to pass on to her and hopefully she'll have as much love as i did

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your restoration.
    One other thing....We mustn't let our wives know that our trucks are ugly. When we stand next to our trucks, it gives a woman the illusion that we are good looking.

Comment

hey thanks kevin Ill remember that when i get married but i know that when i do shell have to like it or shell be down the ha ha
      malickiFL

Comment

Welcome malickiFL

You need to listen to Kevin he knows what hes talking about.
        My bride is still scratching her head. <LOL>

Comment

thanks bruce Ill take the advice

Comment

Welcome, Malicki, sounds like a fine restoration project.

I love the 60's Dodge Power Wagons, great trucks, built to take it and then some. They're great for a resto because there's so much there to start with mechanically. I love the 'grunt' all business look too, no, foo-foo or silliness about it! Main thing, enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mienke View Post
              Welcome to the forums and good luck with your restoration.
              One other thing....We mustn't let our wives know that our trucks are ugly. When we stand next to our trucks, it gives a woman the illusion that we are good looking.
              LOL! You're killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                LOL! You're killing me!

Each year, more and more women are attending the Iowa rally. Some come for their love of the trucks, some for the fellowship, and others for the eye candy.

Costner and Pitt? or the two Kevin M.'s?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Kev.....those dudes look familar......thanks for a good laugh!......my wife needs to see this one.....Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM View Post
                    Hey Kev.....those dudes look familar......thanks for a good laugh!......my wife needs to see this one.....Kevin
                    The photo doesn't show the thousands of females gathered around.

I don't know how you felt, but I remember feeling a little uncomfortable being seen in a purely physical way.

Comment

Where Are Da' Girls

Did you just switch heads?
                      ROTFLMAO,

Comment

Bruce,
                        Where are the girls? They are with your wife and mine...scratching their heads.

I must apologize. My horrible sense of humor has, once again, reared its ugly self. Since my accident I have too much time on my hands and too much medication on the shelf.

BTW That is actually my face and Kevin M's face on the bodies of Costner and Pitt.

Comment

Hey Kevin,
                          How you doing, nearly all mended? Your sense of humor ain't to bad.
                          What is Colt doing this year, he's not going to graduate from high school in the spring is he?
                          Last edited by Bruce; 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM. Reason: More Cyphering

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                            Hey Kevin,
                            How you doing, nearly all mended? Your sense of humor ain't to bad.
                            What is Colt doing this year, he's not going to graduate from high school in the spring is he?
                            I haven't gotten any relief, even after going ahead with the surgery. The docs warned that I might see little change, no change, or slow change. Right now, the pain is the same and the numbness is the same. The Docs keep me on a steady diet of pain killers and I hate living day to day like that.

I'm thinking of starting a new thread in the back room to hear what our guys know about acupuncture.

Colt's doing good, he's a freshman and has grown to be a couple inches taller than me already. We'll talk some more over in the back room.

Comment

A Freshman?

Time do fly........ my boy is on the five year plan, sports mgt., he loves it. His school, JMU had a great season, but the Richmond Spyders (where I work) had a better one, he is tring to land a job w/ the spyders, this would be good for him/us. A back room alternative medicine thread is a good idea.
                              I have been on light duty for more than 3 monthes, still one more to go for a cracked wrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X