our 75 powerwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our 75 powerwagon

hey im Ryan, my dad and i have a 1975 w200 crew, 4x4 ex airforce and also ex volanteer fire truck lol went to a rual fire dept after its military action. we bought it with a 318,727, and 203 and a busted manual steering box. brought it home changed out the box and put in PS in its place. a year or so later the tranny blew, the truck sat for a year and we forund a 440,and 727, and dana 70 rear out of a 73 dodge motor home. we swaped in the motor had the bigblock 727 tranny rebuilt HD to pull trailers. little while later the thermoquad was giving us troubles so we bought a 750 cfm eldelbrock carb runs and starts easier now. one lesson we learned we bought the motor first since we figured oh there both 727's nope lol so we got the 440 tranny too lol. have yet to put the dana 70 in right now still has the 60 rear, and 44 front with some agressive 750/16's

we also have an old 1984 dodge ramcharger lol its amaising 318,4spd 208 corp rear and 44 front this truck doesnt die it could use the 318 we took out of the power wagon tho.

Hey, WELCOME, and some GREAT TRUCKS!!! Glad to see you guys have the dedication and stamina it takes to bring these beasts back to life and keep them that way!

Have a great time and keep us posted of your progress?

JimmieD

Comment

welcome. my first rig was a 75 powerwagon.

Comment

Welcome Ryan, glad to see another Hoosier on the forum. Looks and sounds like a good father /son project. My son Ryan is into trucks also along with a lot of other things. You and your dad will have to come up to New Haven to my place May 16-17th for the 2nd annual Indiana Dodge truck rally. I'm into the 57-60 PowerWagons and Townwagons but I'm also restoring a 75 crewcab like yours. Same history being ex military but a bit beat up. I was down to Indy to get parts at the Pull-a-Part yard a month ago for this truck. What year steering box did you use for the PS conversion? The RC looks like it's spent it's life in Indiana, rusted. Hope you can make the rally, I'll be posting more info as it gets closer.

Comment

the pull apart is like 3mins from me. i belive our steering box and the pump we had on the 318 came of an 80's truck. the 440 came with a 70's power sterring pump. the first one looks just like the one from our ramcharger same shape and plastic dipstick. the ramcharger i belive actually came from NY i found some original dealership papers in the glove box has somthing about an airforce base and the original owners a man and his wife. but yea shes rusted lol still dont die tho, the worst rust is the rockers under the drivers door and the rear drivers quarter is caved in from an acedent id like to put a different body on it but its not even on the priority list or close to it lol i drove it to school my seinor year lol wasnt the prettiest one in the lot lol and i had dam near open exaust lol i cut it at the y an made it duals LOL have yet to weld it complete just exause clamps and some exaust pipes that werent ment for it.
          i seen on the map your a ways away lol might just have to come up and see ya! we have been thinking about putting a lift on the PW sitts way to low as it is. but again low on the priority list lol running right now is good enough.

Comment

hey ron another thing i just remembered we had to get a steering arm to go from the pitman arm to the knuckle we got ours from napa as i recall it wasnt cheap. il take some pics if you would like and email them to ya if you want. might want to put some lock tight or somthing on your steering box our bolts keep comming loose ive tightend them once in 3yrs they need it again. they have lock washers on the bolts too idk y it keeps loosening btw make sure ya put the pitman arm nut on good ours came off in the middle of traffic last year lol. a gm pitman arm nut will work we lost ours some were or my dad didnt put it on when we put PS on the PW. so we tried a gm nut and it worked good thing!

Comment

I'd like to see pics of your PS set up and know what you actually used. The pump isn't a big deal it's the steering box itself. The guy who owns this CC wants a lift also but I don't think anyone makes one for this older truck anymore. I also need a different bed since this one is beat down pretty badly. If you know of one let me know. We are getting a Pull a Part in Ft Wayne this spring and I can hardly wait. We've been getting ripped up here for years so this is a welcome change. Have you been in the Pick n pull yard that's close to you also? How are they to deal with and do they have any thing?

You're only a little over 2 hours from and I had several guys come from Indy and further south. We had a good turn out for my first on this past May so we'll do it again. Drop me a line at 59redtruck@verizon.net. Between my trucks and my business we have 16 trucks on the property. Hope you had a good turkey day.

Comment

idk i like privately owned junk yards myself. the one i like to go to is in green feild. they let my dad and i go looking around for what we want to look at. the pull apart seems too comercial and fancy. some times there stuff can be cheaper but idk i still like the good ole yards. last time i was there they seemed to have at least a selection of dodges. vans, some PU and two or three RC's but again the place really doesnt impress me. il look at the RC tomarrow and see what the similaritys are to the one in the PW. we got it at the good ole yard before they alowed us access to just nose around. but im pretty sure the box and pump came off the same truck and an 80's actually i belive that super lift still has one for 74 and up its a 5-7 inch lift i cant actually remember lol but i kno there was one at one time becase we want it i think price wise was 500 il do some searching and see what i can find.

Comment

here ron super lift sight for 75 powerwagon and some info!
                  http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K473&V=129
                  also they offer
                  2.5 inch
                  3 inch
                  5 inch

Comment

Working...
                  X