No announcement yet.

1973 crewcab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And since I was on a roll I decided to hit the side posts around the window channel to eliminate that rust too.

Comment

Comment

And now I have a nearly rust free roofline.

Comment

Just wait until you try and fit in the window

and find out it will not fit cause you shrunk the cab while welding . Lots of work in that rear window .

Comment

And that's why it's not fully welded in yet. I kept the gasket and will be reinstalling the window tomorrow for fitup before I do the finish welding.

Comment

I didn't have alot of time today so I knocked out the front windshield and began replacing the old glass fuse box with a more modern blade type fuse box out of an '82.

Comment

This thing is going to be almost as cobbled together as my trashtruck

Except you have a better motor than me.
                My trash truck is on its third ? box
                second cab
                4th set of doors
                third front end
                third set of axles
                second set of springs
                second trans
                first motor with about 50% original
                Third set of heads
                4th seat
                4th steering column
                half the frame is original

and it is still a pile of trash - I am about to drop in a couple of loaded 1 ton axles.

all ways with humour

Bruce

Comment

LOL. I know how that is. The rear seat is from an 85. The fronts are from a sunbird. The bed patch panels are from an 85 ramcharger, the gas tanks are from ramchargers, the engine will be that 92 cummins. The front axle is from a mid 80s dodge 1 ton. It'll take a dozen vehicles to get it running, but it will be finished someday.

Comment

I got my tray done that holds the fuse box. I'm still unsure how I'm going to mount the box to the tray though.

Comment

Comment

It's been a little while since I updated this so here goes. I decided to tackle the rest of the roof bondo fiasco. As of today I've managed to get 100% of the bondo off the roof that the previous owner applied as a makeshift roof. I easily removed 40 pounds of bondo from the front, driver side and passenger side.

Comment

Now that I got all the bondo removed I found alot more rust that I'll have to be fixing. The bondo was slathered in there so poorly that in the middle there were patches that were still gooey.

I'm going to be doing a whole lot of welding to get this roof in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMMAN4 View Post
                            Now that I got all the bondo removed I found alot more rust that I'll have to be fixing.

I'm going to be doing a whole lot of welding to get this roof in shape.
                            There is just a little bit of rust there... Yikes...
                            Thanks for sharing!

Pieter

Comment

No problem. I didn't feel like working on the roof today so I worked on the bed some. I don't think any of ya'll have ever seen what the bed work entailed.

This is what it was like when I got it.

All 4 corners were pretty much this bad.

I had to cut them out. That involved getting rid of alot of spot welds.

Comment

And then I built these little brackets to reinforce that area and replace some of the rusted metal that was cut off.

Then I had to cut the rust out of the front end.

And I made a bracket similar to the ones I made in the rear corners. This replaced alot of the rusted metal that was cut out and made a place for the patch panel to sit to be welded in.

Comment

Working...
                                X