How I got bit by the mopar bug..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I got bit by the mopar bug..

Well i have only owned 3 regular cars in my life. 1992 Chevy and two Vw's. After the 2nd VW I was fed up with new cars. They always break and they dont last.

So I went out looking for a classic car to drive everyday. (I live in NJ so people look at you strange when your driving a 50 yr old car when 2 feet of snow has just dropped.)

Anyway, I get a lead on a 1957 Caddy. Hey who doesnt love a Caddy. Well i sit in the car and my wife says I look like an idiot in it. She says it doesnt fit me. So I look next to me and there is a Plymouth. I ask the guy if thats for sale. He says yes, we take it for a spin and BAM its mine. I ended up buying a 1953 Ply 2 door hardtop. I drove the car straight through the winter. It never broke down or gave me problems. So about a year later Im looking for a truck(have always wanted one). I tell my wife Im not buying anything but a Dodge. I tell her the things are built like a tank and they look COOL!! ha

So I find a 1991 Dodge D150. One owner and it drives awesome. In fact 1 month after I got it I drove to TX and never had a problem.

Now I want another truck. Id like to sell my 91 Dodge and buy a late 50s early 60s 4x4 Power Wagon or 50s Pilot-house and drive it year round and eventually put a diesel in it and run it off corn oil.

i will never put any other brand name car/truck again unless it has a Dodge/Desoto/Plymouth name on it!! Im a mopar guy til I die. I mean i would buy a Peterbilt, but chances of bringing one of those home for fun are slim to none. haha
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 12-19-2007, 01:25 PM.

Where in nj?

Where in northern NJ are you ? I'm in Midland Park, Bergen County.

Comment

Welcome, XwelderX, glad to have you aboard! Sounds like you've finally come to your senses regarding vehicles truly worth owning! Good choice.

I have a similar truck, a '90 W-150 and very strongly agree about what a great pleasure they are to drive. Instant starting with the fuel injection, serious traction in any conditions, excellent ride & handling and sharp looking in a testosterone sorta way! Hoping you have many miles of pleasure owning & driving it.
      JimmieD

Comment

Welcome XwelderX,
        What Jim didn't mention is that he also has an oil burner, it's in this picture.....somewhere.....= )

Or this one, I can never remember which....

Comment

But I keep telling you, Norm, it's in BOTH of them!

I guarantee you'd never regret the diesel! Way things are now, might be better to score a good 4BT engine before looking for a truck, prices are rapidly escalating!

Comment

I had another, here it is in the driveway....

Does that rear tire look a little low?

Comment

Man, don't show THAT ONE! I didn't wash all the mud off yet. How very embarrassing....

"Does that rear tire look a little low?" Naw, it's just sitting in that little rut there, tire's fine.

Comment

Nice veiw Jimmie

Nice view Jimmie, even if the tire looks a little low.
                Glad to see I'm not the only one that lives on the side of a mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                  Where in northern NJ are you ? I'm in Midland Park, Bergen County.
                  Im in New Milford in Bergen County. Do you ever go to the car show held at the train station/hot dog caboose?

We had a power wagon show up one night. It was an awesome sight.

Comment

just my luck

I missed the Power Wagon. Every summer Friday night at Hot dog caboose. Every summer Wednesday night at Bricks Pizza by DMV in Wykoff. Monday night at Goffle Grill. Hot dog caboose small show cosy atmosphere. Bricks much bigger and varied, trucks to bikes,some jerks. Goffle grill, small limited space with a doo wop dj, thinks he's Frankie Valie. Then theres the biggie at Whisky Cafe Friday night haven't made it there yet. I've heard theres a lot of macho tough guy attitude, which I can do without. What color was the PW at Hot dog caboose, if yellow, black and greasy(meaning shiney) that was Bob Mc from Allendale. Theres also a green really greasy one owned by a fellow Midland Parker who I've not yet met, He does'nt frequent the fourms or rallys.

Comment

New Milford hubcap king

Isn't there some guy from New Milford named DeMarco who's a Guiness book of records hub cap collector. What about Bill Parcells, didnt he grow up there.Midland Parks claim to fame is Johnny Van Demeer, back to back no hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                        I missed the Power Wagon. Every summer Friday night at Hot dog caboose. Every summer Wednesday night at Bricks Pizza by DMV in Wykoff. Monday night at Goffle Grill. Hot dog caboose small show cosy atmosphere. Bricks much bigger and varied, trucks to bikes,some jerks. Goffle grill, small limited space with a doo wop dj, thinks he's Frankie Valie. Then theres the biggie at Whisky Cafe Friday night haven't made it there yet. I've heard theres a lot of macho tough guy attitude, which I can do without. What color was the PW at Hot dog caboose, if yellow, black and greasy(meaning shiney) that was Bob Mc from Allendale. Theres also a green really greasy one owned by a fellow Midland Parker who I've not yet met, He does'nt frequent the fourms or rallys.
                        It was green one that I saw at the Hot Dog Caboose on Wed. Ive seen that yellow one though at the yearly Ridgewood Car show.

Never been to the Goffle Grill show on Monday. Ive been to the Wed night cruise night at Bricks. It cool...a lot of the same cars and more over people who dont want to talk to you. As for Saturday nights at the Whiskey Cafe. Im done with going to that show. Dont get me wrong I am sure there are some import owners who are good folk, but the ones that attended the show are the worst batch. To make matters worse I dont see the Whiskey doing anything about it. Over priced soda and hot dogs as well. The Friday show at the Hot Dog stand is cool. Its put on by a car club called Obessions. Really good group on guys and keep the fun rolling.

Now if you really want to go to a good show Satuday nights at the Chatterbox on Rt15 in Augusta, NJ is by far the best Ive been to. Where else can you get served by a waitress at your car/truck window and have the tray sit on your window with your food and drinks?? My wife and I plan on going there every Saturday this summer. The ride is awesome out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X