X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new to the site

Hi everybody!
    I got started with my Dodges in the late 80's
    Got a really good deal on a 76' Trailduster 4x4 because the dealer was not feeling good and just said "give me $400 for it". Snapped that up. I was great for the southeastern New Mexico desert where I used to live.
    I then bought a 78 1/2 ton pickup 4x2. Nothing special but a great truck.
    Now I have a 79' Power Wagon 4x4 that I am currently bringing back to life. And can't wait to drive it! Just hope I can find some places around Kansas City to play in the dirt.
    I just think the older Dodges are beasts and look great!
    Look forward to interacting with everybody! Hope I don't bug you guys with too many questions.

Eric

Welcome!
    MN

Comment

Thanks MoparNorm!

Comment

Originally posted by dedejong View Post
        Just hope I can find some places around Kansas City to play in the dirt.

Hope I don't bug you guys with too many questions.

Eric,
        You should bring your truck to the Iowa Rally in June. We'd love to see you and the truck. You could test her in a mud run or take her on a trail ride. There is a separate forum here with additional info on the event. There are many knowledgable friends on this site, once novices themselves. They never tire of the questions and conversations.
        Welcome aboard the PWA!
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by dedejong View Post
          Look forward to interacting with everybody! Hope I don't bug you guys with too many questions.

Eric
          Questions are the entire point of this forum...and my favorite saying here is: "...there is no such thing as a dumb question, ...just dumb answers!"
          There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here, with people who specialize in every type of truck, so what one of us doesn't know, the others will.
          There are several 100 years of combined experience (no not me!) here, with several active shop owners, mechanics and hobbiest all adding to the brain trust. From all across the nation and indeed the world and we all share one thing in common, our respect for the Dodge Truck.
          MN

Comment

Again, welcome Eric! What Julz said. What Norm said. Mopar Norm is one of the resident experts on dummmmb answers, ask anybody ha haha! Seriously he and several others are very likely responsibile for saving many lives and untold grief with their factual answers.

"Hey, can I put 9" lift blocks on the front of my PW to match the rear or should I stay with 8"? Dumb answer: 'Sure, what the heck, or just use a stack of washers."

Smart answer: "NO! What you need is to do the world a favor and get a 32 oz. framing hammer and go around to the back of the barn and beat yourself in the head with it until the bleeding stops."

That's a good truck! I had a '77 W-200 fulltime and it was a whole bunch of fun and very reliable. Enjoy yourself!

JimmieD

Comment

Jim,
              You need more than 5 hours sleep.....ha!ha!
              MN

Comment

Eric,
                THere is a group of folks I have read about on the forum who have a rally in the hills of Missouri (annually?) Not too far from you, and it sounds like they really have fun.
                Keep watching this forum, especially the one about events and outings.
                Also, consider subscribing to the PWA magazine. Lots of intersting articles, like the one in January on Trail upgrades for the truck.
                Dave

Comment

I'll have to check into that, hadn't heard of anything. That was something I had to get used to when I moved here from New Mexico. Over there you just ran to the outskirts of town and hit the dirt. Wide open country. Here in Missouri it's a little more restrictive seems like. Oh well, everyplace is different, just need to adapt.
                  Thanks for the invite Julz, truck won't be ready for a while. (Wish it were) But if it's a yearly event, I'll have to get up there and check it out, sounds like a blast!

Comment

Come on up, even without the truck. Those of us without trucks just ride along with some others. Everyone is welcome, with or without a truck.

Comment

Working...
                    X