• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
    Oven? Did I hear Oven?

7'x 9' x 16'...= )
    MN
    Sweet setup. I sure could use that baker for powder coating

Comment

It's really too big for small parts....unless you have 300 of them at once...but it's perfect for a frame or large parts.
      I have my eye on another one that is 84" long and 3'x5'. Less heating needed to get the 400+ degrees needed for powder.
      Nice trolly for hard to handle parts.

MN

Comment

New Shop Toy

Hey Norm,
        They are some ovens

Comment

Bruce!
          I figure that we can get 102, 20 lb turkeys in there! and 350 pounds of mashed potatoes! ha!ha!

I need to take some newer pics it's painted now.
          MN

Comment

First Mil Gig

While still in Tech School ("P" Company ) @ Ft. Lee, Quatermaster's School, Ft. Lee, VA.
            I had the task of cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for the entire Company. The year was 1968, all I was in-charge of was the "Bird" 225 of 'em, started at 0230 hrs finished around 1130 hrs, as I recall I did make the sauce.........er, gravy as it were! I was on Route 95 North by noon, in Baltimore by 1600 hours.......The good 'ol days? Heck, I still cooking the same way, 'cept as a civilian.

Comment

You mean I missed having you cook for me by a mere 40-50 miles?
              Ft. Myers, VA
              MN

Comment

Hey:

Oh, you guys were probably gone when I was at Ft Useless, VA. That was in 74. Never mind. ;>)

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Win Some

Loose some. Maybe the next time we visit Kurt & family in SoCAL we can have a git-together.......You doin' the dishes? Ft. Useless is where the "Gun Trucks" Reunion is held now, for the last 3/4 years anyway.(44.3 + or -<LOL>!)
                  Last edited by Bruce; 01-05-2007, 09:16 AM. Reason: ad'on comments

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg013 View Post
                    Hey:

Oh, you guys were probably gone when I was at Ft Useless, VA. That was in 74. Never mind. ;>)

Later
                    Ugg
                    Was it Eustis or Ft. Story that had the big landing craft? Eustis wasn't completely useless, they had all of the busses there didn't they?
                    MN

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                      Was it Eustis or Ft. Story that had the big landing craft? Eustis wasn't completely useless, they had all of the busses there didn't they?
                      MN
                      As I recall, it was Ft. Eustis, that was sorta like the Army's Navy? Still is, I think?
                      I was an E-1 Airmen when I started Tech-School in Sept. 1968, and an E-1 when I finished November 1968. The ground pounders (heh-heh) went in E-1 came our E-5, it never did fly with me, always PMO!
                      We were billeted with the Deiners (sp), if you know what they did, your a Real Trooper!

Comment

Hey Bruce:

Correct. That's where the army's navy was/is located. I was attached to the port construction engineer unit there. That's also where they have the transportaion school and museum. That's also where one of the GHOST FLEET'S is located. There's a lot of real neat things there, but if I never set foot there again, it'll be to soon. Interesting sidebar; those Mike boat's will NEVER sink, no matter what happens to em. We dropped a 40 ton crane THRU one. All the pices floated. ;>)

Later
                        Ugg

Comment

Hey Ugg

Check Out Ebay Someone Is Selling A Truck That Claims To Be The Beast Steve From 62 Degree Maine

Comment

Eye-Balled It

I saw that the other day, the guy is a pretender, UGG has the only "True Beast"!
                            Too Much,

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg013 View Post
                              Hey Bruce:

Correct. That's where the army's navy was/is located. I was attached to the port construction engineer unit there. That's also where they have the transportaion school and museum. That's also where one of the GHOST FLEET'S is located. There's a lot of real neat things there, but if I never set foot there again, it'll be to soon. Interesting sidebar; those Mike boat's will NEVER sink, no matter what happens to em. We dropped a 40 ton crane THRU one. All the pices floated. ;>)

Later
                              Ugg
                              I've boated around the Ghost-Fleet, very errieee....

Comment

Well, as much as I wanted to agree with you guys, I just found the photos, it was Ft. Story and the LARC's (Light Amphibious Resupply Craft).
                                The Ft. Story NIKE Base radar domes are in one of the photos.
                                The Army called these light but they still look pretty big compared to a Higgins Boat! ha!ha! These were supposed to be the largest wheeled vehicles in the US Arsenal back in the 60's.

MN

Comment

Working...
                                X