X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by hongkongphooey View Post
      ...but I can't find traderjohn on ebay nor Joop Starman through Google.
      Here we go: Here is the site from Joop Staman.

http://www.jeeparts.nl/

Good Luck
      Holger

Comment

Thanks again! Great to have such an active forum for 60 year old trucks :-)

Comment

Thats What

We'er here for!
          Merry New Year,<LOL>

Comment

Originally posted by hongkongphooey View Post
            Thanks again! Great to have such an active forum for 60 year old trucks :-)
            First off Sweet Ride, would love to see the finished photos

Secondly did not think any one else would remember your screen name. I use to watch HongKong Phooey all the time when I was a kid. God I miss those more simple cartoons.

Comment

Finished photos will probably look no different to now .... I'm planning to keep it a 'sleeper' for 12mths, at least until all the mechanics settle in, maybe longer? Afterall, a mild-mannered janitor's budget won't stretch to a full respray :-)

Comment

Great Moniker

I also remember HongKongPhooey, anything old, the best of times! Bring it over here, I shoot it for you! :~)
                Last edited by Bruce; 12-28-2006, 02:41 PM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

Just found another interesting little spares site....plastic fantastic but handy if you're caught short:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9498667&rd=1,1
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hongkongphooey:

Here's Joop's web site address; http://www.jeeparts.nl/ . I'm not a big Google fan, but they're pretty much the whole show these days, as they keep buying up the GOOD search engines, and ruining them. If it's on ePay, I don't bother at all. I got banished from there years ago for some BS I wasn't even involved with. There's also several class action suits alleging that their employees bid on auctions to jack up prices, so they can make more $$$$. I may have more European sources too.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

Wc 1

If I Kept Her ,i Has Thinking Of Doing Something Wild But Sold Her Steve

Comment

Hey Hkp

If I Kept My Wc1 .i Was Going To Do Something Like You Are Doing, Excellant Truck Steve From Maine

Comment

Too bad HongKongphoey is in the UK

I would put a coat or two on it for you also. Too bad don't have an oven big enough, would do more with powder coating. There is only so much you can fit into the kitchen oven (lol)

Understands budget way too much. I have three waiting for budget to fit. So just keep buying parts here and there till I can get the ducks lined up.

Heck, its been cheaper to keep my Honda going then to replace it. Its on its 3rd used motor, 2nd clutch, and first pair of tires in 7 yrs. Cheapest upkeep I have had out of any of my toys. But it also helps to give me more of a budget to play with for the BIG TOYS.

Comment

Budget?

Yo Hawk:

So that's the secret huh? HA! I've been robbin Peter to pay Paul, then robbin Paul to pay Peter. Sort of a vicious circle. HA! Then, when I try and unload stuff, the people think I'm in it for charity, and want me to give it away. Heck, once I'd like to just break even. HA!

Later
                            Ugg

Comment

I have a collection of goods from auctions (not sure if some of the items work or not) but that is what I have been switching too to help gain more funds for my projects.

Hmmmm. Maybe instead of listing ebay first I should find the pick of the litters and post them in for sale here :)

Maybe then I would have a better chance of breakin even (or by luck ahead)

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                                Too bad HongKongphoey is in the UK

I would put a coat or two on it for you also. Too bad don't have an oven big enough, would do more with powder coating. There is only so much you can fit into the kitchen oven (lol)

Oven? Did I hear Oven?

7'x 9' x 16'...= )
                                MN

Comment

Working...
                                X