1942 WC 1/2 ton panel rat rod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1942 WC 1/2 ton panel rat rod!

Close your eyes now if you're a Dodge purist but I've tried to do it justice (none of the mods have required any bodywork changes so it still looks stock on the outside, well almost!)... (more pics and details avail if they're of interest)

Last edited by hongkongphooey; 12-23-2006, 08:37 PM.

wc

hello i am not a purist and i like your truck would be interested in more pics.i just bought a 62 townie and i have some wild ideas for her also not sure what i will do just yet, steve

Comment

Nice ride HongKongP.
      It looks like it could surprise a few Tuners at the lights.??

Comment

Awsome!!

Yes, Please keep us updated.

Comment

Thanks, what does a Townie look like, is it a panel with side windows? Here's a shot of the back end with Ford 9" axle (shortened!) and a couple of 29" Mickey Thompsons on 15" Center Line Convo Pro split rims. Oh, and some before and after shots of the new floopan, almost a shame to cover up that 727 torqueflite...
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent work!
            MN

Comment

What Norm Seaz

Goes for me, as far as purest go, I'm sorta on the fence<LOL>!
              Seasons Greetings,

Comment

hongkongphooey:

COOL! To bad ya couldn't have it in 4WD though. Where ya located? You wouldn't by chance happen to have any extra rear cargo doors layin around?

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Hi, I'm in the UK and sorry no rear doors lying around. In fact it's a bit of a nightmare getting any Dodge parts of this era in the UK...strike that it's impossible getting any in the UK! I'm on the look out for a front windscreen dash mounted winder mechanism as the original casing has cracked in two. Is 'Eric's Classic Dodge Parts' on ebay well known to the forum members? He has a couple of passenger doors but no rear doors listed currently. Any tips on where I could look for that winder mechanism, some original interior door brightwork and a full set of door & windscreen rubber seals?

As for 4wd....have you seen the steering rack clearance??? My fault, I didn't want any exterior bodywork mods so had to sit the motor so **** low as to be able to close the bonnet (or hood as you call it) properly. Anyway it worked out OK and the ratios between a good sized steering wheel and the rack mean it's not too heavy even without power steering.

Here's a sorry looking old girl I spotted on ebay last year, did anybody on the forum pick her up for renovation? ...nice doors :-)
                  Attached Files

Comment

...he he, I've just noticed a word I used in the last post got bleeped, guess it means something a little stronger across the pond?? Should I have used 'darn' instead?

Comment

Actually the censor program comes from the Church of England...= )
                      However it is permissable to tell us to get stuffed over here, especially after a big meal...= )
                      MN

Comment

Rubber Goods

Originally posted by hongkongphooey View Post
                        Hi, I'm in the UK and sorry no rear doors lying around. In fact it's a bit of a nightmare getting any Dodge parts of this era in the UK...strike that it's impossible getting any in the UK! I'm on the look out for a front windscreen dash mounted winder mechanism as the original casing has cracked in two. Is 'Eric's Classic Dodge Parts' on ebay well known to the forum members? He has a couple of passenger doors but no rear doors listed currently. Any tips on where I could look for that winder mechanism, some original interior door brightwork and a full set of door & windscreen rubber seals?

As for 4wd....have you seen the steering rack clearance??? My fault, I didn't want any exterior bodywork mods so had to sit the motor so **** low as to be able to close the bonnet (or hood as you call it) properly. Anyway it worked out OK and the ratios between a good sized steering wheel and the rack mean it's not too heavy even without power steering.

Here's a sorry looking old girl I spotted on ebay last year, did anybody on the forum pick her up for renovation? ...nice doors :-)
                        Hey HKP,
                        Have you ever checked out Roberts Motors Parts, they have a large quanity of door seals & other rubber stuff. As for your winder, ebay might be the best source, check out traderjohn, I'll look around for some more info.
                        Seasons Greetings & Good Luck,

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/catalog.html

Comment

Hongkongphooey:

There are a few places on your side on the pond where you can locate old Dodge parts. Joop Starman comes to mind right off the bat. Of course that across the creek from you. ;>) If ya want, I'll look around to see what I can find out.

Later
                          Ugg

Comment

I know I'm probably being a little slow on the uptake...

...but I can't find traderjohn on ebay nor Joop Starman through Google.

Comment

Check It Out

http://stores.ebay.com/POWER-WAGON-J...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Comment

Working...
                              X