Nice foto's, where in northest PA?
      Thanks. I'm in Schuylkill County.

Comment

Hi jmbones, nice truck!
        Thanks for sharing the photos.
        MN

Comment

Jealous Again

[img=http://thumb13.webshots.net/t/30/31/3/39/20/251233920LnbslX_th.jpg]
          Hey Joe, Here are a couple of shots of my 2500 when it was new.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            [img=http://thumb13.webshots.net/t/30/31/3/39/20/251233920LnbslX_th.jpg]
            Hey Joe, Here are a couple of shots of my 2500 when it was new.
            Nice. I also had an '03 2500. I attended a local cruise in with my new PW and look what pulled in next to me...
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jmbones; 10-26-2006, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Granpaw & Grandson

The mirrors are over kill, besides, I wouldn't mind crawling on the ground looking @ all the details. ;~)

Comment

Paul, you seem to have alot of knowledge on the new PW. Do you have access to a Dodge computer or can you get the specific part #'s for the new Power Wagon skid plates? Specifically, the fuel tank skid, fore-aft bars, and the steering damper.

Comment

Hey JM that is a sweet looking truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      Hey JM that is a sweet looking truck.
                      You mean my '05 or the '48? haha.

Cuz the '48 is not mine, it was at a cruise in that I also attended and it parked next to me.

Comment

The 48 is sweet as well, but I was refering to your new dodge.
                        Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          The 48 is sweet as well, but I was refering to your new dodge.
                          Very nice.
                          Thanks! ..........

Comment

Trading Power Wagon information

jmbones says, "Paul, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the new PW." I'm going to push my way in here and presume he was talking to me.

I probably know less about anything than anyone else on this Forum. Everything I present is passed on from an authoritative source. In the case of parts numbers, I get them from the Parts Manager at my local Dodge dealer.

The source of most information is my reference library of Dodge Service Manuals, appropriate Army Technical Manuals, civilian and military Parts Lists, and various other historical and other publications. These references represent an actual investment of $2700.00.

Because my 2005 Power Wagon has the original full warranty coverage and the extended warranty coverage, I have not purchased a factory service manual. I was told that a printed parts list is not available for purchase - that I would have to subscribe to the Chrysler on-line data base. I'll worry about obtaining these references in March 2011 when my truck is six years old, goes off warranty, and I might consider doing some of the work myself.

My truck has 37,000 miles on it. I put 28,000 miles on it the first year attending 6 Power Wagon events - Georgia, California, Iowa, Texas, Massachusetts, and West Virginia. This year (From Mar 1) the added 9,000 miles only included 2 events - Texas and Arizona. As you might expect, my truck has mostly highway miles.

The primary problem I have with the original BFG All Terrain tires is that they are very poor in mud. The other problem is that they hydroplane way more than I would expect from an aggressive tread pattern. It is hard to evaluate their overall performance in low traction situations since the electric lockers appear to be more important than the tires.

The tread depth new was 16/32". After 37,000 miles, the tread depth is 12/32". I can't help wondering what the minimum tread depth is for these tires to be effective in off road, low traction situations. I have already dismissed them as being effective in mud.

I see that your truck has BFG Mud Terrain tires. Did you exchange them when the truck was new or replace them when the original BFG All Terrain tires wore out. How much better are they in mud?? on rocks?? How noisy are they? What tire life do you expect?

Now it's your turn to tell me about our Power Wagons.

Comment

Paul:

Let me interject this about tires. I just recently purchased a set of Kumho AT tires for my Durango, and was very happily AND pleasantly surprised at how well they handle wet pavement. There is a bit of road noise, but not as bad as some. The little bit of mud I've encountered so far can't give me a good reference yet, but the snow will soon be upon us and I'll be able to evaluate them better then.

Later
                              Ugg

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cook View Post
                                jmbones says, "Paul, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the new PW." I'm going to push my way in here and presume he was talking to me....

I see that your truck has BFG Mud Terrain tires. Did you exchange them when the truck was new or replace them when the original BFG All Terrain tires wore out. How much better are they in mud?? on rocks?? How noisy are they? What tire life do you expect?
                                Paul - yes I was referring to you, I thought I had quoted one of your previous posts. Ooops! Anyway, I took delivery of the truck on July 11th 2005 and I put on the 35" BFG M/T's August 2nd. The A/T's were still brand new when I removed them and I sold them to a local Dodge 2500 CTD owner for $600. (I still have the brand new spare for sale). I used to run BFG A/T's on all my vehicles, but like you said, they are junk for mud. They clog up and do not clean out, never had any hyrdo issues though.

I havn't really been in any deep mud, but Im sure the M/T's would do fine, since that is what they're made for. Nice deep lugs. They seem to perform great for me on rocks and hard pack, which is really about the only place I've had the truck. Deep mud does bad things, as does deep water, so I try to stay away from that stuff until I have the beast paid off. The tires are a bit noisy at highway speed but that is not a concern of mine. I do not expect nor am I concerned with any type of tire life, as with any M/T tire, they will go fast with alot of on-road driving. I'll just put new ones on when they go or if I get bored with the BFG M/T's I might try some Super Swamper LTB's (Bias ply) or some other type, who knows. I get tired of things fast, whether they need to be replaced or not, lol.

I currently have only 6000 miles on mine, and I plan to keep the mileage down, it is not a daily driver as I have an '06 Saturn to drive my 100mi round trip trek to work each day. I use the PW mostly on weekends or when I need to haul stuff or feel like goin for a joyride up da hill.
                                Last edited by jmbones; 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X