No announcement yet.

1961 Power Wagon"Fenway"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone. I lost track of the hours I had with the paint finishing, but you're right, it was worth it. I have more respect for this truck than any other project I've done. I really wanted it to be right. The question I've heard the most from my friends is...Will you be afraid to drive it? The answer is no. I built it with the intention of making it fun to drive. It is the sweetest vehicle I've ever owned and I can't see hiding it in the garage. Thanks again for the comments and compliments.

Comment

Definitely sweet truck, Kevin. You've done a good thing. Makes me want to buy a beater truck so I could take "Old Yeller" off the road long enough to restore him.

Comment

Just Imagine??

Old Yeller would look pretty sweet, gussied up w/ new yeller paint!

Comment

IAFF sticker

Hi Kevin, Beautiful truck! I see by that sticker in the rear window you're a fellow firefighter.........John

Comment

Yes, firefighter's Local #4. I am assigned to Engine Co. #6 on the south side of Des Moines. Where are you located?

Comment

Hi Kevin,
              Local 253, Granite City, Illinois. I'm now a captain with 25yrs. We're right across the river from St. Louis......John

Comment

Beautiful truck!

Comment

I had a dream

I had a dream...
                  Last edited by Kevin Mienke; 07-11-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

You Are Bad

What a cool pic, good going Kevin, wish I thought of that!
                    Regards,

Comment

61 WM300

WOW - Great looking truck Kevin. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read the story on the resto.

Comment

I am putting the finishing touches on everything over the next couple of weeks. If everything goes well, I will be sending the story to Gordon by St. Patty's day. Thanks again for the replies, they are greatly appreciated.

Comment

The site of a restored Power Wagon is still a treat after all these years, they have a timeless, rugged apeal. Nice Work.

Jake

Comment

Hey Kevin,
                            Graet job on the Power Wagon, you do nice work. I read your story in the PW advertiser and was I thought you not only told the story very well but you also won a huge victory over cancer.
                            Well done and thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Thanks Jake, I would do it all over again, just for character building.

Comment

Hey Kevin,
                                You did such great work on your truck, my question is where did you find the rear fenders?
                                Or did you fix the original fenders?

Thanks
                                Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X