Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Unleashed!

MoparNorm,

I just used Marvel Mystery Oil for the first time this Fall. I added the recommended amount in the fuel tank of my M37-B1, along with some Stabil, because it has to sit most of the Winter.

I do start it up once a week and work the brakes to keep everything happy!

I sure hope all this mystery and magic really works!

Comment

Yep, I use it in everything except my coffee.

Some of the other fuel additives only loosen the rust that's in the bottom or on the sides of most tanks and then you have major problems for months due to dislodged particulates fouling the filters and carb. Somehow Marvel cleans it up without that downside. That's a Mystery to me!

Also the most damage done to an engine in general use is during startup, before the oil pressure has come up and when the top cylinder lubricant has fallen below. Marvel leaves a light coat of lube on cylinder walls, and aids viscosity index so that the lubricant gets where it's needed more quickly during startup/warmup.

Don't know if it still holds true, but for many years it was specified [read DEMANDED] as an additive, and the ONLY ONE they had ever allowed, in every CHP Pursuit Vehicle. A high-speed chase through California deserts in July is pretty serious business and they didn't want to take any chances. Opening up an old CHP engine, 426-440, even after many miles quickly shows there's more to it than hype. The stuff WORKS! Marvelous.

JimmieD

Comment

When I bought my CJ, I had serious water contamination, water out the tailpipe, foam in the valve cover, water in the fuel. One quart in the oil cleaned it ALL out of the engine! 1 quart in the fuel and that was gone too! In fact I put my ear to the gas filler neck to see if I could hear the Marvels talking, it sounded like Alka-Seltzer in there!
        MN

Comment

Jimmie:

Drained the fuel and replaced it, now it runs like a kitten (being chased by a large dog). 8>) Now, being the genius that I am, and also the cheapskate, I took that drined fuel and put it in my back hoe. It wouldn't run after I did that, so I drained it out, put in fresh fuel (it's now costing more that I woulda saved), it ran great for about 25 minutes, then started to sputter and died. I barely got it back to it's spot.

Norm:

Ya think that'll work in my back hoe? I was thinking some octane booster.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

Octane booster won't raise the octane of water too high....= )
            OK, I'm better now....ha!ha! Try the Marvel first.
            MN

Comment

So, the repair info was following an unwarranted assumption that you had followed standard protocol as in changing the gas at least once a year....?! It's a proven fact: WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY! Glad things worked out for you, Ugg. Whatever happened with the snow blower? Last I heard it was passing peach pits or something?

Comment

Jimmie:

Ain't it the truth! To top that off, the gen sits outside in a large box. Since I was unable to check for so long, the box suffered some damage and started to let the weather, as in wet, in, all over the gen. It's now gonna stay dry with the temp patch job until spring (I HOPE).

No snowblower here in Uggville. It's been about 12 years since I used one of them thangs. I'd carry one in the truck when I plowed snow on the side. Had a few old folks that I'd do their sidewalks as a curtesy. To much like work. HA! All the vehicles in Uggville are 4X4 or 6X6, so if we can't leave the driveway with them, we ain't goin anywhere.

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Man, maybe I need to get the Doc to change my scrip, or cut down on the coffee. Or use more of both....?

I'd of sworn I responded to a thread about the drive system on a snowblower some months back that you had trouble with. Tell me I ain't hallucinatin'! At least humor me.....

Comment

Jimmie:

Sure, okay, your okay, my bad. Was that good?

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

That's better, thank you: at least I'll be able to sleep now :~ )

Comment

Try to keep this thread for photos, or you guys might get moved to the "backroom"...ha!ha!
                        MN

Comment

WARNING: READ AND FOLLOW LABEL INSTRUCTIONS! USE ONLY AS DIRECTED! For occasional irregularity......
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by JimmieD; 01-29-2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X