Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little snow

Ugg,
    I did notice her in the passenger seat and also noticed that it is that side (the light side) that is spinning. Maybe time for lockers. The 2 speed transfer cases in the FFPWs etc typically have 2 shift levers. One for 2wd/4wd and another for hi/lo. As I said the original WWII 3/4 ton transfer cases in the WC-53's was a single speed with only one shift lever. If your transfer case has 2 possible shift input shafts then it is a from something else, if it has only one then I can't imagine how you could have a two speed. When you said you only had 4wd when you engaged this lever, what position was that in? Maybe if you do have the 2 speed transfer case the one lever has been rigged to shift both shafts at the same time which would give 4wd in lo and 2wd in hi although I have never seen this done this way. I would be curious to know the answer when you get it figured out.
    David

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg013
      David:

I use BAH HUMBUG myself. ;>) What else can ya do with snow but play in it?

I'm like a little kid when snow is predicted.... I can't wait to play in it. Either with the kids and their sleds, or just using my snow blower, I enjoy snow. I'm hoping that my truck will be in a better position to drive next winter. I'll take it out in the snow(before the salt trucks get out on the road of course). Still have some work to do on the carb and brakes first, and buy a canvas top. After that I hope to take it out in the snow for the first time since who knows when. If I can only cruise in the white stuff once a year, I'll be happy. Again though, once the roads are thoroughly coated with salt, it'll stay in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg

80 Degrees! Man, that's way to hot for December. How'd ya get the wife to mow? ****, the last time I tried to even get my son to mow, he blew up the tractor. 8>0 The wife mislead me a little about her love for the outdoors before we got hitched. Just a little, like if it's dark out in the country, she has to be inside. Can't/wont deal with the cold or heat. She won't sleep in a tent, doesn't like to hike, loves and wants all kinds of animals, but someone else (me) has to take care of em.
        Ugg ... actually the wife enjoys mowing the yard and the pasture, plus she will even change the oil on the old tractor. She says she finds it relaxing. But she still refuses to use the weed eater ... oh well, maybe one day. All of our animals are now gone, except for the wild critters. For the past several months I have had a major problem with armadillos. Already trapped 2 and 1 opossum. Now I do need another cat (maybe 2) for the barn, but both the wife and I do not care for any in the house.

Originaly posted by Ugg

the IDOT to overkill in the use of salt
        You'll have to forgive me, because it's been over 25 years since I've lived in an area where the roads are salted. I can now understand why you would want to keep the truck off those roads. The only salt we have here is either at the dinner table or when I go surf fishing (darn salt water). Keep the pics coming and if you still have some of the deuce buried, I would like to see them. I too noticed your daughter in the passenger seat. I sure hope you got a working heater in the 'Beast' so ya'll can stay warm.

Comment

Bosco:

The Beast not only has a working heater for the cold, but a working ac for the hot, and I don't mean opening the windows either. As for the deuce (The Frog), the place it's parked at plowed it in, piling snow past the door opening on the drivers side, and of course, I locked the passenger side door. After digging some of that snow away so I could enter, it was very easy to pull out (I LOVE 6WD).

When I went to pull it out so they could plow the area where it was, the loader driver snickered as he pulled up. It seems that he really packed the white stuff under the Frog on purpose. He wanted to see how good 6WD really is. HA! My son was taking pictures, but jumped the gun and snapped a shot before I started to move, and being an older digital camera, it takes a while before you can shoot again.

He missed getting a shot of the Frog ripping thru the snow from the begining, but got one of it about half way out. MAN, what power! I had forgotten what monsters deuce's could be. I'll try and get some of those pictures posted later today as I have to go down to the dungeon and use the computer down there for posting pictures.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

As Per Request.

Da Deuce, in snow. BTW, this was taken AFTER I dug snow away from the door so I could get in.

Ugg
            Attached Files

Comment

More
              Attached Files

Comment

More. BTW, all the houses in the background were built within the last year. That all used to be a farmer's field.
                Attached Files

Comment

Last. This is to give ya an idea of how well packed in it was, and how deep. That's Jr.

Later
                  Ugg
                  Attached Files

Comment

You Guys

Always have all the fun! "Da Duece" looks right at home in the snow, does she handle well? I take it that is your 13 year old co-pilot?
                    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

Comment

Hey Bruce:

How's it hangin? Naw, he's just my navigator. HA! He can't even turn the wheel in the "Frog", so he can't be a co pilot. Yeah, it handles well and the bad thing, it gets better mileage than my Durango. As a matter of fact, I don't think my Durango coulda made the same trip, piece of junk.

Have a Happy New Years!

Later
                      Ugg

Comment

Salt

They started using a brine spray here instead of salt, the roads get sprayed before the snow and then it melts on contact. But we sure don't get snow like that! Love the action shots in the yard, looks like a lot of fun.

Is that a for sale sign in the Frog???

Comment

M5tankdriver:

Actually, they only use salt to 20. When it gets colder, they addd chemicals to the salt (called HOT SHOT), which is good to about zero. If it gets colder than that they only plow cause not much works then. BTW, salt only gets a small area by itself. They count on vehicular movement to spred it out to get the complete roadway.

Yeah, that was a For Sale sign in the window. The Frog got a reprieve for now, but if finances don't get better soon, it goes back on the blocks. Our boiler (which is about 6 years old) just needed $600.00 worth of repair (one part and labor), and my stinkin Durango needs lower ball joints again. That's almost $600.00 too. I'm really starting to be sorry I got that truck. I can hardly wait to see how much the tranny repair's gonna cost, although, I'll have it bullet-proofed with non MoPar parts. BTW, for all Durango owners. NAPA now sells lower bj's with grease fittings.

Later
                          Ugg

Comment

Ball Joints & Durango's

I think CArter has the same issues w/his Durango?

Comment

Bruce:

Don't get me started. I had all the bj's replaced at 10K, and the uppers done at 20K under the recall. While at the stealers, they told me the lowers were fine (it was still under warranty). Now, warranty gone, it's lowers, and it'll probably be another 10K when the uppers go again. If it weren't for the salt, I'd be driving the Beast all the time.

Later
                              Ugg

Comment

Fresh Snow

Howdy:

We just got a dusting last night, 12" and heavy and wet. We have a whole bunch of downed trees to get up before I can take the Beast for another cruise.

Later
                                Ugg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X