3rd times a charm. ;>) Lookin Good!

Later
    Ugg

Comment

Third Times A Charm

Worked that time, looking good!

Comment

Too Big!

Well, I guess my images are too big as they come from iPhoto! I had to take it down to a postage stamp before it would load!

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I can' seem to delete a post after it is posted!
        Attached Files

Comment

For getting pictures with clarity and size, try opening them in a photo editor on your computer, then re-save them in a new name, and look for the options button, you might have a "picture quality setting", or reduced color setting.
          If you have a pic off a typical "new" digital camera, even if you reduce the physical size (8x10 to 3x5) you really dont drop the memory size much.

Another trick is to link to the picture if its on another web site, like webshots, or if you have a site like me, using the IMG tag at the top of the post reply page,

(Picture Removed) then the picture can be any size, and Gordon doesn't lose disk space on his server, 'cause the pic is somewhere else...

Hope this helps!

Gordon, feel free to delete this if you want

Longhunter, if you want, send me your pic full size, I'll put it on my site and you can link to it from there,

Carl
          Last edited by creinemann; 01-06-2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Photo Sharing

Carl,

Thank you for the information! I am in the process of converting over to a digital camera. This should be an easier format to get pictures where I need them, and improve the quality of the images!

I appreciate the offer to post them on your site! I will look into that option when I get an image that is good enough to post there!

Comment

Longhunter...

We cannot delete posts, only Gordon can do that, we CAN however delete ALL of the content in our own posts, so instead of posting again about a previous post, just go to the post and click on edit, you can re-do or change anything in your post.
              As for picture size (the pixels are NOT always the actual physical size) if you have Photo Shop, or Dell Image Expert, you can resize your photos and if you change them to jpg. that is MUCH better than bit map or other formats for photo "size".
              Web shots is free and will sometimes have a time limit or access issue that limits access and gives us the dreaded red X of death. Most guys with multiple photos (I have 8,500) use Image Event, but it is not free.
              Carls' photo above is 1024 pixels wide, and it makes the page wierd if your "settings" on your monitor is not set to accept it. 576 pixels width is just about perfect for the screen width here.

MN

Comment

Norm:

That's SNELL! Check out Foamy. http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html . There's an updated one that I'm gonna check out in a minute.

Later
                Ugg

Comment

You Are Bad

But real funny!<LOL>
                  ROTFLMAO,

Comment

I can't believe I watched the whole thing...ha!ha!

Ugg!
                    MN

Comment

Guys:

It'd be more accurate if the tech said to "Reformat the hard drive."

Later
                      Ugg

Comment

Those Were

The days...I guess I/we been lucky?

Comment

Re: E-Mail

Originally posted by Longhunter7
                          UGG,

Check your in box! I found am interesting picture of an M37 in arctic trim. I am not sure of the origin of the photo.
                          Longhunter: The origin of the photo is Jerry Park who took it while in Alaska... He sent it to me for inclusion on my website where it has this for a caption (writen by Jerry):
                          "Another shot of an artic equiped M37 taken by JerryP. This truck is marked like all the trucks in the Transportation Motor Pool Ft. Greely, Ak. 1960."

Jerry is down in Arizona now recovering from the cold...

Glad you found it...

Comment

Origin of Alaska Picture

CGarbee,

Thank you for clearing up the mystery of the great M37 picture! Once again your Website has provided interesting and valuable information, that helps all of us interested in the M37!

Comment

Cabell:

Maybe you could answer my earlier question about the cover on the bed. It looks to be inflated with ait in chambers, is that so? And also, did they have heaters in the back as they did with some deuces?

Later
                              Ugg

Comment

The cover is just heavily quilted... I think that the heat for the passenger compartment was provided by pass through from the cab instead of having a heater in the bed (as with the 2.5 ton kits), but I'll check with Jerry to see if his memory is better...
                                You might also want to check out some of the other photos on the page, especially the ones taken on days when it had gotten to minus 50F the night before...
                                You will note in the photos of the trucks with the arctic kits that the only exhaust pipes visible are for the engine heater, driver compartment heater, and engine...

The page with Jerry's photos is located at:
                                http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photosmisc.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X