1957 Dodge W100 Power Giant Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Dodge W100 Power Giant Questions

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tire for my Power Giant. My goal is to make this as stock looking as possible. I actually have 10 rims and tires for the truck. The original rims and tires are 8 x 17.5. I have 5 of these. My goal would be to use these rims since this is what Dodge delivered the truck with to the owner I bought it from. In 1973 he put a 16 inch rim on the truck because he said his friend gave him the rims and tires and he didn't want to buy new tires since he didn't use the truck all that much. I have 5 of these as well. Does anyone know where I can get an 8 by 17.5 or what might work on that rim?

Also does anyone have pictures of what the interior looks like with the headboard and the interior trim? What should I use for inside door panels or is this something that can be bought somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Justin

I have used these from STA on two trucks now http://www.stausaonline.com/light-tr...r-traxion.html They look good and do the job well. This will keep the original look to your truck. Any good truck tire shop can mount them.
    I don't have a picture of an original 57 interior. There are 2 more pieces to them than a 58-60 PG. I used backer board from an upholstery supply outlet to make my headliners and door panels for the 58-60 trucks.

Comment

57 Power Wagon

Thanks Ron. I appreciate it. I'm looking at the Carb and it's a Stromberg WW 2 barrel Carb, but I am unsure which kit to buy. It seems like there are a ton of options. Do you know where I can find which kit I should be looking at for this thing? All it says is Bendix Stromberg Model WW.

Comment

There is a serial number on the carb to determine the correct kit. Get out the carb cleaner and start spraying . It'll show up on the outside of the carb. These are about as simple a unit to rebuild as they get. Give it a good soak in carb cleaner once you tear it down too.

Comment

1957 Dodge PW

Will do. Thanks Ron. I will try to look for it tonight.

Comment

wheels....??

Nice to see someone else is nuts enough to tackel a 1957...!!!

I have a 57 Town Wagon Power Wagon that I got last year and am just getting started on. It came with (3) usable 17.5 dually wheels and (1) front off-set wheel, tubeless not split rims. I tried to find tires, then 16" wheels until I gave up and bought 16" slotteds from Diamond Raceing Wheels in Milwaukee WI. They don't look exactly like the original but I wanted something that I could find tires off the shelf.

The wheels are up for sale, haven't posted them anywhere yet, 6 x 7.25 bolt circle, 5/8-18 studs/nuts. 17.5 tire size.
            DrPepper

Comment

1957 Dodge PW Wheels and Carb

Dr. Pepper,
              Good morning. I think I am good right now on wheels.............. However, I need to get the rust off of these original rims and see how they look so I may be contacting you for a wheel if I need one. Thanks for the information and wish me luck. I did find the serial number on the carb. It's a 3-165. Thanks Ron. Like you said it just took a bit of spraying with the carb cleaner and there it was.

Comment

Working...
              X