Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy-Busy

Hey James,
    You have been busy! Older vehicles sometimes had different points of lubracation painted red, my rig had this done to it, by a previous owner, I think. All the zerk fittings, dip-stick,filter nut and oil filler neck. Not sure whether it will stay that way. Also my engine is 10 years older, 1941/42, re-built in 1967.
    Thank A Vet Today,

Comment

Pulled the engine today

Pulled the engine and transmission today, came out without a hitch.
      James G.
      Attached Files

Comment

Manifold Removal

It took a pint of SiliKroil and three hours of tapping to get the manifold off the old engine. One of the center studs would hang up everytime we tried to remove it. It would come out to about 1/2 inch from the end of the stud and no more! After a couple of dozen tries it gave in before we did. The engine is seized but look how great the valve springs look, we are going to tear the engine down to see what happened.
        James G.
        Attached Files

Comment

Engine

It may be stuck due to one piston that married itself to the cylinder wall using a tiny bit of rust. Thanks for the posts. Good luck.

Comment

Blasted Frame

Got my frame and bed sides back. the guy is not cheap but he does a great job, almost too good, now I have to find a way of painting the inside of the stake pockets and frame cross members! POR 15 really will not come off your skin!
            James G.
            Attached Files

Comment

James,
              I hope that you are painting that frame immediately. It will start to oxidize within 48 hours if left out after blasting.
              MN

Comment

Norm's Right !

Hey James,
                Good start, don't wait to long or you might have to start over again.
                Norm, if James did get surface rust, would he have to blast or sand again?

Comment

If he is using POR -15 maybe not, but any other paint or powder coating and he most certainly will. Blasting, cleaning, prep and painting are really four parts of a one part process.
                  MN

Comment

Transfer case put back in

After a break for a few months we started back up and today we put the transfer case back in. We dressed it up and we also painted the frame.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X