1957 Dodge Power Giant W100 Coming along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Dodge Power Giant W100 Coming along

Thanks to Ron in Indiana I got my motor this week. Like a kid in a candy store I couldn't stop staring at the faded Red Ram stickers on the valve covers. Truck is alsmost ready for paint. I have high hopes for this truck but I'm not sure it will be as pristine as Weylin's out here in Colorado. He is going to town on that thing. Looks great Weylin. I'm just super happy I got the right motor. After all this work I just didn't feel right putting the 318 back into it. Thanks again Ron!

I pulled my steering wheel last week and although it's in better than fair condition, I did booger it up a bit. If someone has a nice steering wheel for a 1957 please let me know. I'm in the market for something good that won't require as much work to make really nice.

If not, I will survive with what I have.

If you haven't checked out Ron's Rotisserie, you should on the previous post. Very cool

Justin

Pix would be nice...

I guess it will have a 315 engine now, congratulations! Has the engine been fitted with valves, guides and seats for unleaded? Many years ago I had a '57 D100 with a 315. Found a 4 bbl manifold and carb, made a very nice improvement in performance.
    DrPepper

Comment

The only history I know about the 315 is that I pulled it from a 57 C600 COE that was a road tractor originally. It was stretched to become a farm truck. The sheet metal was to far gone and Justin needed an engine. As far as the valve train goes the engine may need a rebuild anyway but it did run. The PO said it was a real runner in it's day. I took that with a grain of salt since he looked like could have lied through his TOOTH. The 315's may be small but they are peppy even with a 2 barrel carb.

Comment

It was a very important tooth.
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

To quote Jeff Foxworthy, "If you've ever been accused of lying through your TOOTH, you might be a redneck."

Comment

1957 Dodge W100 315 Engine

Dr. Pepper, I always have a hard time with pictures. I'm not set-up administratively. I need to load some onto a web based site and put up a link but it might be some time before I get that.

I spent the weekend in bed because I blew out my hamstring. My mind is young, my spirit strong, and my body just tries to keep up. Sometimes it just can't keep up. LOL.

I bought this engine with plans to rebuild it so I plan to take care of everything when it's all apart. I'm just glad a got a correct motor from a correct year. It makes me just feel better about the project.

Comment

agree with the posting pix....

I finally gave up and started to use a web site called Photobucket:
              http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...Power%20Wagon/

I've heard some complaints about Photobucket but generally it seems to work out OK for me to have an album and give people the address to go look for themselves. One thing is if someone wants to use a picture of my truck it is higher definition than the ones you can post on a thread.

I also hear about the body, mine is the left knee when it goes. Ouch...!!!

Your lucky that your truck has enough left to install a proper engine. When somebody hacked the 440 /727 into my truck the crossmembers and clutch were all removed or hacked. I looked at what was left and took the easier (and cheaper) path with an '87 318/727. The 315 is a nice engine, be careful with the hollow studs that hold down the valve covers, they like to break right at the head. The stud is hollow for the oil to get up into the rocker shafts so it isn't very strong. Tighten the shaft down with the other bolts and just snugg those two. I learned the hard way. May even still have a few of those studs. LOL
              DrPepper

Comment

Dr Pepper, my friend has a twin to your TW with the exception of a factory winch in his. I worked on it when he got it doing the brakes, installing a 315 and 3 speed tranny along with a lot of bodywork. It still needs blasted and paint plus all the interior. He took on a trail ride to TN with our group and it did very well. That is until the fuel pump died on steep uphills. But it kept up on all the trails. He's since gone to an electric fuel pump.

Comment

Dr. Pepper Pix

Dr. Pepper, thanks for the tip on photobucket. I think I had something set up before on that site so I have to go back there. I'm going to take some pictures of my truck parts tonight and send them over to Ron to look at. If I can find out more about that I will post them up. I saw your 57. VERY COOL. That thing is such an awesome old school ride. Sorry it takes me so long to reply to this. I always forget to get on the forum and see what's going on. I really like to like at the posts because if I am not learning something from Ron via e-mail I can learn something new here. I appreciate all the tips. I hope to get out to the Rally this year. Thanks again.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                  X