No announcement yet.

Where to Start,New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure but I believe the Fargo ( Canadian) trucks had a 313. You must have one strange puppy there.

Comment

Stainless trim repair tips

Here's a link to an article on repairing trim
      http://www.hotrod.com/howto/3401_stainless_trim_repair/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
        I'm not sure but I believe the Fargo ( Canadian) trucks had a 313. You must have one strange puppy there.
        I got the crank and rods/pistons back today,I do`nt rememer what the specs in the book had the pistons at but I measured the pistons and they were right at what the specs were for for a 318 and there are no .030 markings on them anywheres,also what He had measured for the stroke was 0.0001 longer than what the specs is in the book.after listening to that guys line of crap I now wished I had taken the crank over to the machinist who I had bore a set of ShovelHead jugs,He knew what He talks about.LOL
        Thank You very much for the tips on working the stainless trim pieces,I`ve saved that to Mine favorites and will delve into it when the time comes todo the body work.
        I got new brakeing hoses coming,they`ll be here about Friday,also got the clutch hose coming too.
        I almost ordered the master for the brakes today but I juz ca`nt makes up Mine mind if I want the rebuilt for thirty six or if I should go with the "New" bendix for eighty four,there is also an intermediat one for like about fifty six but I`m thinking that one is probably a made in china POJ and I do believ in keeping Mine fine old american made Power Wagon as much made in the USA as I can.
        I`ll have to go into the gallery and check out Your Power Giants,if I can get iin there,I havent subscribed yet,needs to wait until the wifey sends aff the payment to the CC company,I owe them only a couple a hundred but the wifey has a cow if I charge anything before it gets paid in full again,another month.LOL

Comment

I'm beginning to think you need a new machine shop, this guy doesn't seem to know his business. Here is a link to my Webshots page http://community.webshots.com/user/Powergiant It's a free picture hosting site and easy to use. I try to get as many pictures of projects in progress for later reference. It's hard to find made in the USA parts anymore. I know a guy in MN who resleeves old MC with stainless so you don't have to worry about pitting. They cost more than what you are looking at though. I try to go with best parts I can find to avoid problems down the road.

Comment

I will NEVER go back to them again,although the polished finish looks real nice.LOL
            I`ll check out Your pics;I`m not too goood at pic.ing Mine projects although I do tell Mysef "This time is going to be different,this time I am going to do it right and get every pic. possible while I`m working on this"and then I go and get dizzy,I mean busy and forget to get the snapshots of the progress as it is happening.LOL
            This time has beeen no different but I did get some pics of the P.W. before and after loading it on the trailer.LOL
            I have heard of some shops lining the Master Cylz. with stainless but I figured it would be kind of expensive.I will do a google and see if i can find someone close that offers that service,I would like to keep the original masters on this.

Comment

K00L pics You got there,a bit of a OH CRAP moment when the wagon went over on its side,I`d bet. OUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
                K00L pics You got there,a bit of a OH CRAP moment when the wagon went over on its side,I`d bet. OUCH.
                Thanks, what you don't see is the Jeep that pulled me over on my side. It went over so slow it wasn't a big deal. Everyone else was going crazy while I just waited to be uprighted. I only got two dents in the rear corner and cracked mirror. That was a fun with my son, three grandkids and my friends on a perfect weather day. I love to trail ride with my TW. It blows people away to see it coming down the trail. I get a lot of comments like "that's to nice to have out here." I tell them I wheel old school.

Comment

Engine

Sounds like you might have a Canadian engine. Have you decoded the truck Vin number? I think the 313 was built for the Canadian market and when bored .030 over was turned into a 318. There was also a 326 made for trucks in 1959 only I believe. Oddly the closest casting number I have found to yours is for a 361 block (1736929.)
                  DavidGB

Comment

2nd Thought = 318

This web page indicates you have a 318 "A" engine.
                    http://townwagon.com/pgpws/pgengines/318v8.htm
                    DavidGB

Comment

Thank You David.
                      I had seen one chart that had the MP8 but it did`nt show the T in front so I thought the T might be for Truck.
                      That listing is most helpfull.Thank You.

Comment

Engine is getting closer.

Maby by spring I can have the rear axle out and the tubes flushed,reassembled,brakes finished,engine instilled and ready to roll.
                        Camera phones,I tell Yuh,tomorrow,I`ll get a better pic.

[ATTACH]7601[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                        X