1957 Dodge W100 Power Giant Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Trim

Ron, you're right. The trim is stainless. I will have to do some research and find someone who can work with it. Thanks again

Comment

Not a problem, you're welcome. I'm just returning the favors I was done along the way. All I ask is for you to do the same for the next guy. It all adds up to making this a better place to live.

Comment

1957 Dodge PW

I will certainly pass it on. Thanks again. Did get the motor out today and took a peak. Motor looks OK but it really needs to come completely apart. No rust anywhere but I will get a better look later this week. I didn't get the clutch housing off the block. It looks like there is a bolt underneath the cover and underneath the fly wheel that bolts through on the driver side of the motor. Confused as to why that is set up like that? I'll have a better idea of what I will need for the motor when the clutch and flywheel come off and I can get it all apart.

Comment

Ah yes the hidden bolt on a 315. You're on the right track, take off the flywheel and you'll find a bolt on the passenger side of the block at the top. I found this out on my first tear down of a 315. Problem was the engine was locked up and I had to drop the crank with the flywheel AFTER I removed all the rod and main caps. I believe that bolt is there due to the remote oil filter lines being in the way to allow it on the outside of the bellhousing. This is speculation on my part. Be aware when you look for parts that there was a 315 HEMI with the same block. The 315 is a snappy little motor when it's running. Parts aren't plentiful especially fuel pumps which are pricey. Hope you only need to freshen it up. Pay close attention to the oil passages going to the heads for blockage. Been there.

Comment

57 PG 315 Rebuild

Ron, thank you for confirming what we were looking at there. I just couldn't figure out what was going on with that bolt. It's all coming apart anyway so it is what it is. Hoping to make more progress over the next week or so. Thanks as always and as I learn I will be sure to pay it forward.

Comment

Working...
            X