No announcement yet.

'62 Townie: new addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium user now, so here is an early photo of the previous owner and his wife saying goodbye to their boy. Jerry owned it for 40 years, it wasn't an easy thing to let go of.

Updated photos of my progress to follow. I have removed the interior put in about 20 years ago and found some good and not so good things. As Ron mentioned there was some rust, mainly in the rear wheel wells. Still has the original floor in it with most of the rubber covering on it and seat bracket attachment points. Is that mat available anywhere? Where could I get seats?
    Attached Files

Comment

More pics

Back at home and slowly working on it. Driving it most every day; its amazing the number of questions I have to field or the number of looks I get. Ron, I will get you a few pictures of those windows, now that I have the old interior out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Doing a little community service in the neighborhood during this week's snowstorm. My neighbor was attempting to get to work and got stuck in a 4 ft deep drift. A little pulling and she was out, and here I am dragging her down our road to the north south road, which was in better shape.

Townwagons rule.......
        Attached Files

Comment

Great photo! ....and great PR work.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

That really is a great photo.

Comment

I have an indelible soft spot for Power Giants, especially panel trucks. One day I will get my hands on one. Nice rig, cool pix.

Comment

Awesome pics for sure. Please post as you are working on it. SOMEDAY I'll own one of those dudes, they're a way cool truck!

Comment

Working...
                X