$500.00 power giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500.00 power giant

power giant in boise not mine.http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1234238078.html

easy process... easy fix...

I always get a chuckle when I read and ad that states " easy fix...easy repair...easy process...etc. "

if it is so easy...why haven't you got off your lazy butt, and done it...

so much for my "quick fix"...

nice project by the way...

Comment

This easy fixer upper looks like at least a 12 month+ $12,000.00 project. If, you do most of the work yourself.
      Jeff

Comment

I am pretty sure that the "easy process" he is talking about is NOT the work on the truck, but getting the title paper work done.

That looks like a nice starting point for someone, I mean after all its a W300 and they only made 141 Flat Six W300s and 171 V8(318) W300s

I know I would be happy if it was sitting in my driveway ;-)

Comment

easy process... continued

MATTS... ding...ding...ding... you are correct...

i would be very reluctant to buy a vehicle without a title...even for parts

try to explain to a LEO that you have a legit reason to part out a vehicle that is not in your name...especially here in Metro Detroit, which has a special vehicle theft LEO consortium called H.E.A.T. -- Help Eliminate Auto Theft...

Comment

I buy trucks all the time without titles. It does not bother me in the least, and I have never had one problem because of it.

I just brought back two Dodge/Fargos from Canada last week, and came across the border with them and niether of them had a title only a bill of sale. No problems with customs at all!!

Most of the trucks I own I dont have titles for, I can get a clean Colorado title for any truck I own older then 1974 in 9-10 days and it cost $150.00

I look at titles as nothing but a piece of paper just like money, it is really nothing.

Now I am talking about old trucks here (40-50's), I would not buy a newer one without a title

Comment

I don't mind not getting a title with a parts vehicle, even though the locals are making it harder because salvage yards are starting to not buy them w/o titles. But I can cut it up small enough to where its no longer recognizable as a vehicle.

As for a newer vehicle that I plan on driving, then yes I want a title and the registration tags & inspection sticker to be current as well. Even with all this it's a matter of time before I lose my marbles and choke to death those idiots down at the county tag office.

Don't know what's worse, a seller who can name every easy thing wrong with it or a seller who acts as if they've never seen the truck they're selling.

Comment

Matt, Matt, Matt.....

Originally posted by mattsoldmopars View Post
                I buy trucks all the time without titles. It does not bother me in the least, and I have never had one problem because of it.

I just brought back two Dodge/Fargos from Canada last week, and came across the border with them and niether of them had a title only a bill of sale. No problems with customs at all!!

Most of the trucks I own I dont have titles for, I can get a clean Colorado title for any truck I own older then 1974 in 9-10 days and it cost $150.00

I look at titles as nothing but a piece of paper just like money, it is really nothing.

Now I am talking about old trucks here (40-50's), I would not buy a newer one without a title

Here all of this time I had you figured for owning around about 50 or so Power-Wagons. But, now I realize that if you do not have a title for a truck, then technically.....you don't own it....

With that new insight comes the realization that I may just own more Power-Wagons than you do........WOOO HOOO!

;^)

Comment

I guess you "might" be right if you look at it that way?

I look at it that once I pay for it and it's on my property, then it's my truck no matter if it has a title or not. I am not buying stolen Power Wagons here,, only buying them that have been sitting for years and years and the titles get lost over time.

I have been to the DMV with the last Registed owner and they don't have records of the truck anymore becasue it had or has not been titled in over 25 years. So I now go the other route to get my trucks titled.

That being said,, of the 11 Farm Friendly Power Wagons I here here, I have titles for 0 of them, in fact the micest one I have is a 1950 model that has 10160 miles on it and I have traced the history and it was owned by the air force then a fire truck, and she has never been titled from what they told me at the NM DMV and the fire dept that used to own it/not own it. So since she has never been titled then the truck must not exist right? It is only a fiction of my imagination that it is sitting in my barn,,,

I am doing a little better on the PG side of things. I have 47 of them here and I have titles for 27 of them.

Did you know that at one time this truck was titled in my name (for a few days) but I never once considered it to be mine,,,

John bought (but didn't "own" it becasue the title had been lost) in NM, I went and picked it up and hauled to my house (but didn't own it) , then I hauled it to his place in MN and I got a clean CO title for it in my name then signed it over to him, but this was after he had it sitting in his driveway.

Comment

Working...
                  X