Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of Brother's powerwagon Please advise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, left out my email address

Sorry I didn't include my email, I thought it showed it somehow. I'm new here, guess you can tell. Anyway, here it is

DAVIS_JM@BELLSOUTH.NET

Comment

New pics of the brake system

Also found a set of 2 superwinch hubs in the box brand new. I will take $1600 for truck, brake set and hub set. Email me at Davis_JM@bellsouth.net or call me at 205-680-0500. I believe it to be a good deal. There are also extra tires and hood and the windshild wiper SS motor covers. Thanks! Guys help me get this thing sold!
      Michelle Davis

Originally posted by Davis1984 View Post
      Hi guys,
      It's me again, I really need to get rid of this truck and don't want to scrap it. I also found a stainless set of windsheild wiper motors that he bought and never put on. Also that new brake system. So someone think about this and email me with an offer. I don't know anybody that would appreciate it more than you guys on here. If all else fails I will put it in a truck magazine or something.
      Michelle Davis

Comment

Need someone to make offer on this truck!

Hey guys,
        Someone offered me $1000 for everything, the truck, brake set, hub set and all the parts I have. I know this would be giving the truck away as the parts cost more than that but what's a girl to do? I know this guy is taking advantage, he claims that it will cost him over $1000 to haul it back to where he lives. Missouri or somewhere like that. He had already offered me $500 just for the brake set. The hub set is probably 100. I know my brother paid about 800 for the brake set alone and it's brand new in box. Of course I know I won't get top money but dear lord. I wish I new a better way to get the word out to more Powerwagon owners. This is the only thing I know to do. Help me guys. I put it in the for sale but only heard from this one guy. Let me know if I should take this little amount or what.
        Thanks,
        Michelle Davis

Comment

Sell or Hold ?

Ms. Davis,
          It might be best to take him up on the offer. Yes its probably worth more & you're definately getting less than what your brother had in it, but realistically something is only worth what someone is willing to give for it.

Since you've had no other offers this may be it. Sure someone might come along months later & give you a better offer, or the stuff could sit there for years unsold & do no one (including you) any good.

This kind of stuff just isn't bringing anything right now. People are more concerned with mortgages, layoffs, bills, "bling", & keeping their new car than with hobbie vehicles.

Also for me & most others distance kills the value of something. A car across the street might be worth 3 grand to me, but only $700 if I have to travel several states away to get it.

I wish you the best!

Comment

Tell the buyer you'll "split the difference" between $1000 & $1600
            and settle for the $1300. Make the buyer work for it for as long
            as you can.... that's my two cents. Good luck with your sale.
            John

Comment

Sold the truck! or gave it away in my opinion

Hi Guys,
              Thank you so very much for all your help. I finally decided to sell the truck and all the parts for $1200. I know that's throwing in all the parts for free but I figured if I waited long enough, no one would even be able to buy it at all. The economy is not exactly great and I am happy that I sold it to a man that knew my brother from Panama City Florida and he's not that far away and so the cost of getting it is better for him. And he's thrilled to get it. He's picking it up July 11th. So thank you again for your help and advice. This has been a bitter sweet experience as my brother loved his power wagons so much. So think about that part, it doesn't go with you so let your family know what to do with your stuff or they may have to give it away! God bless you all.
              Michelle Davis

Comment

Whew!

Michelle, Congrats, but don't be a stranger, check in on us from time to time!
                Was the guys name Buzz?
                BTW,
                I'm going out on a limb with this, "Roll Tide"!

Comment

Working...
                X