Getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started

I have always gotten enjoyment from working on and tinkering with cars and trucks. I rebuilt a V8 motor when I was 15. The area where we lived afforded me the chance to have a field car, along with other boys from the area. What a time!

I eventually went to work for the Telephone Co. Ma Bell. It was there that I became attached to the dodge truck. All of the splicers 1 ton utility trucks were dodges. They had slant sixes in them and almost never broke down. I worked in the line gang putting up poles and cable.

The bigger trucks were GMC's and Internationals. But, on occasion there were two old power wagon line trucks that we would use. I just enjoyed those trucks the best.

Then two years military and when I got back I went to the local dodge dealer and ordered a new 69 Charger 383 4 speed. All through life I have wanted to get an old Power wagon to restore and use. Never really had the chance. Until 2007, when I bought a 48 Power wagon.

The truck was all there, all original with the pickup bed. Only surface rust, no holes. When I got this truck home I began the restoration immediately. The rugged design of these trucks puts them in a special class.

I am almost done, although it is roadworthy, I Just have to install the heater, glove box, and wire the signal lights. It has given me untold hours of relaxation and enjoyment while working on this thing of beauty.

Better yet this truck will be used. I still do masonry work and will use this rig when I only take hand tools and the job is not too far. Now that this project is almost complete I find myself thinking of the next PW.

I have only had a computer for a little over a year and I have only recently found this site. This forum is a great source for info on all matters pertaining to Dodge trucks while bringing along the personal stories. As I become more acclimated I hope to become a part of the community. Thank you, Gordon.
    Last edited by Gordon Maney; 06-13-2009, 06:25 AM.

Welcome njjim!
    Post some photos of your progress when you have time, sounds like a great project!

Comment

With a story like that, you have already become a part of the community.

Comment

photo Op

I am still trying to get the hang of using a computer. I do have photos but I will have to try to figure out how to reduce the mb to match the kb, if that is possible. Thank you for the welcome.

Comment

welcome NJ jim

what exit? Keep your August calander clear, theres a Power Wagon Rally in Lee Mass this year. lots of fun and mud, great bunch of characters and interesting vehicles.

Comment

picture

I think that I have the picture post proceedure figured out and there should be a picture with this post. If successful I will post others in the correct forum.
            Attached Files

Comment

Exit

I am a long way from The Big Roads (Tpke/Pkwy). I am accross the Deleware from Reiglesville, PA. Eight miles south of Easton. One mile in from the Deleware and on the banks of the Musconetcong River in the valley. This area is really beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful..

Comment

hard to believe its Jersey

I was out in your neck of the woods, a place called Belvadere. I bought a coal stove, took 80 west, but went home east on back roads. took alot longer but sure was pretty.

Comment

Holy WOW, njjimbo! Yipes! Glorious!

Another certified whacked out sicko joins the ranks. Hip, hip, hooray!

Comment

V-day fix

I just had a chance to jump onto the forum (the forum?) for my daily fix of dodgeism. Have I created a new ism or sickness for the books? Good to hear from you guys. If you were in Belvedere I am about 15 miles south, in the Musky Valley. Oh, I know where they stock the Musconetcong, I watch them do it. However, it is fun to watch/listen to all the fisherman who know where, "the fish are". This computer stuff is really pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The only problem is that there is no roadmap and to find your way around and how to use a computer, it is trial and error. I must say very similar to when I was a teenager trying to navigate through the repair and alteration of mechanical objects-cars and trucks. Well, I think that I hear the call of the wild. Talk to everyone later.

Comment

Originally posted by njjim View Post
                        I think that I have the picture post proceedure figured out and there should be a picture with this post. If successful I will post others in the correct forum.
                        Beautiful Truck!
                        You done an Excellent job bringing her back. Enjoy!

And WELCOME!,
                        TGP
                        WDX & Misc. Pics.
                        http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
                        "47" Dodge WDX WW
                        "52" Dodge M-37 WW
                        "54" Willys M38A1
                        "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
                        "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
                        "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
                        "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
                        "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
                        "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Very nice resto Gordon.

I'm not too far from you here in Lancaster Pa. Though I don't have any trucks that old. I will be getting a 78 crew cab in the next month to resto.

Comment

Working...
                          X