No announcement yet.

My MV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a picture of one in a Museum , you can see where the optics slide in.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by padres84 View Post
      Great pics!! Thanks for sharing...got any more of the 886?
      Hi Greg ...I took a few more shots of it for you tonight. Our Police dept got it from the Gov, painted it Black and used it as a Swat truck . Problem was , nobody liked driving it because of the manual steering ..that's why they auctioned it off with only 30K miles on it.
      The inside is still OD Green and luckily they didn't modify anything ..so it won't be very hard to bring it back to original Military config.
      I remember reading an article in Military Vehicles that said they only made 4000 of the M886's so , who knows how many are left around today..I'm sure the day will come when they'll be hard to find.
      Here are a few more pics --
      Attached Files

Comment

Since it is basically a stock Dodge, it would be easy to add power steering...

Comment

I already put Power Steering in the 880 ($300 for everything incl brackets)but , the local Junk yard didn't have another set up .
          If I knew where I could find a complete set ..I'd like to add it to the 886 as well.

Comment

If you know where I could find it Norm ..let me know. Maybe there's a list of the components available and I could just order rebuilt from a local Auto Parts store ?
            The Steering Box from the Junkyard lasted 7 months and I had to buy another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
              Hi Greg ...I took a few more shots of it for you tonight. Our Police dept got it from the Gov, painted it Black and used it as a Swat truck . Problem was , nobody liked driving it because of the manual steering ..that's why they auctioned it off with only 30K miles on it.
              The inside is still OD Green and luckily they didn't modify anything ..so it won't be very hard to bring it back to original Military config.
              I remember reading an article in Military Vehicles that said they only made 4000 of the M886's so , who knows how many are left around today..I'm sure the day will come when they'll be hard to find.
              Here are a few more pics --
              Thanks for the pics...I kind of like the black, but I wouldnt paint mine that color down here in FLA. We are painting mine in two Sunday's back to OD. Mine is OD on the inside also...so some scuffing, sanding and Ill bring her back to org color.

Comment

I already put Power Steering in the 880 ($300 for everything incl brackets)but , the local Junk yard didn't have another set up .
                If I knew where I could find a complete set ..I'd like to add it to the 886 as well.
                The boxes on those trucks are pretty much the same from 72 to 93, with some variations. They should be at any auto parts store, less core charge, or at any Pick-Your-Part salvage yard for much less.

Comment

Thanks for that Norm ..I'll call around. If I can get a rebuilt pump and box locally, then maybe I can get the brackets at some other Junk yard. Shipping for just the brackets will be cheaper than shipping a complete setup.

Comment

Greg , you put a lot of work in yours and , it was worth it ....it looks great !
                    How did you re-seal the seams in your roof ? The Army Mechanics told me they'd use Henry's plastic roof tar (goop) and paint it on because it stayed flexible ..don't know if that's my only option.

Comment

Greg , you put a lot of work in yours and , it was worth it ....it looks great !
                      How did you re-seal the seams in your roof ? The Army Mechanics told me they'd use Henry's plastic roof tar (goop) and paint it on because it stayed flexible ..don't know if that's my only option.
                      ARRGGH!!!
                      Don't use Henry's!!! It's a great, cheap, building roofing product, but it never dries* and it sounds like the "Army way" ha!ha!
                      There are many, many sealants made by 3M, Dap, GE and others that will do the job, albeit for a little more money but they will last 35 years and are paintable. Search on-line or visit a hardware store or look at Eastwood and other automotive related sources for the correct sealant.

* if it does dry, it cracks and leaks and has to be repeatedly re-applied....also the "Army way"...ha!ha!

Comment

2 Pdr Ammo box

Hey Mike
                        Can you send me a pic of the ammo box I think I may have one
                        Rob in Adelaide
                        South Australia

Comment

Hi Rob ..thanks for checking for me. Here's the style I need and it has a Leather Tool case attached to the top.
                          You can see how the Ammo Box clips on to a tray on the Gun ..there are 4 clips that hold it
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ammo box

Hi Mike
                            Yep thats the one, no leather box but I fairly sure all the brackets are there. I will go and find it and let you know.
                            Cheers
                            Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob ..can't wait to see it !!
                              Do you have any other parts ? I also need that flip up direct fire sight ..I circled it in this pic
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X