How to get TW into garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mats:

Like Jimmie said, at least ya have your priorites straight. Like mentioned, we're still on the inch thang. Auto makers started to convert to metric, but that became a mess and they're going back to the old way from waht I hear. BTW, are ya still married? ;>)

Andy:

Those are some of the reasons I moved out of the city. My last month before I moved, 2 guys broke into my rented garage (I had a 2 car brick garage all to myself) and started nelping themselves to my stuff. Unknown to them, I was quite popular with the local constabualry, and my garage was being looked after shall we say. One guy tried to make a get away on my mountain bike. I still have to fix that wheel from where it ran into the squad car. HA!

Jimmie:

I always wanted to find a very large cave and build a house at it's entrance. The wife has no sense of humor and nixed that idea.

Later
    Ugg

Comment

Ugg,

No, I am not married for now. (have been)
      But I am ?? what is the word; engaged or promised.
      But we donīt live together, we just get together when we feel for it. In Swedish we have a special word for it; beeing together, but living in seperat places. Do you have a word for it?
      And my 17 year old doughter lives with me.

Mats

Comment

Ooohhh, ooohhh, can you post pics of the gas pumps!??! Getting to like you more and more ha hahaha! This is a dedicated brother gearhead over there in Sweden, guys!

I believe the American/English equivalent word is 'Betrothed', meaning promised to marriage, but not yet having taken marriage vows.

JimmieD

Comment

Mats:

Another term is "STEADY". Engaged also works. I'm on my 2nd and final marriage. This one is a keeper. She's why we got the Beast (she pushed me to get it). However, I don't think she realized what she created in both me and my son.

A 17 Year Old Daughter! The thought of that scares me! Mine is going to be 6 in a week, and she's already done things that scare me. We have a major double standard here in Uggville, and that is my daughter will not leave the house alone until she's 35. I even plan to go on her honeymoon. HA! I pity the 1st boy that comes here to take her out on a date.

Later
          Ugg

Comment

Jimmie,

So, you like gas pumps too!!! Must meet you if I come to the USA some day. You sounds like a real nice guy!
            Donīt have any digital pictures of my pumps.
            Iīll get that soon.

Ugg,

There are some advantage to have a 17 year dougther:
            Sometimes she cooks dinner.
            Sometimes when I need to tow someting on my property, she can steer.
            And soon when she gets her driving licence, she can drive me home when I have been drinking.

Mats

Comment

Mats:

Outside of the cooking (although I can cook better than my wife), a son can do the same, and ya don't have to worry about him having babies at a early age (although he can sire them).

Before I had kids, I always had 2 fears about them. 1st, I'd have a boy, and he would put me thru the same stuff I did my folks. 2nd, I'd have a girl, and she would grow up and date someone like me. Well, my Dad lived with us until he passed, and he did his best to make the 1st fear come true. My wife puts make up and nail polish on our daughter and also watches what I call "The Broad's Channel" (Lifetime for Women) on cable with our little girl sitting watching with her. I'm screwed.

Later
              Ugg

Comment

Thank you, Mats, and the same goes for you. Who knows, I might make it to Sweden yet.....?

Comment

For sure Jimmie.

And to all other Dodge nuts: If you are comming to Sweden, please let me know. Always nice to meet people with the same interest.

Mats

Comment

Mats:

It's like I tell the Mrs, once they build a road, you can count on it (she wants to go to Hawaii), but thanks for the offer. ;>) I did hear talk about a Trans Atlantic tunnel, but I think by the time it's supposed to be completed, there won't be vehicles as we know them, and probably no people left either.

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

Gas Pumps

Originally posted by Mats
                      So, you like gas pumps too!!! Donīt have any digital pictures of my pumps.
                      Mats
                      There's a used-car dealer about 45 minutes north of where I live that has quite a collection of old gas pumps, and they are all lit up at night. I'll have to get a few pictures (hafta buy or borrow a digital camera first!) the next time I go by it.

Near my parents, there was a really old grist mill with an ancient gas pump out front -- tall, narrow, with a glass cylinder at the top. Probably long gone by now...

Andy

Comment

Since I think we have come a bit "of thread" here, Iīll post my pump pictures under "The Back Room".

Mats

Comment

Working...
                        X