• Show
Clear All

Cabell:

Thanks, I'll check em out now.

Later
    Ugg

Comment

Cabel:

Okay, I checked and your probably right although pic 26 shows that it has a solid rear door. Back in pic 3, the top view, that does look like some kind of vent. I'm curious to hear the answer. I'll be waiting, once again with bated breath.

Later
      Ugg

Comment

I think that the vent you are referring to is for condensation (humid air)... If you've ever been in a good tent on a cold night, you know that the humidity from your breath and skin will condense on the inside of the tent... I suspect that you've got the same problem with a bunch of guys in the back of a truck...
        I'm waiting on Jerry's response...

Comment

Ok, here is Jerry's reply... Turns out that I was right that the heat came from the cab of the truck, but wrong in that they had a dedicated heater for the job...

"Greetings, They had a gasoline fired heater beneath the drivers seat for the back cargo-passenger area. I don't have any more photos that I am aware of,I wish I had taken more at the time but I didn't know then what I do now...that these trucks would have such a hobby following. If I find anymore I will send them."

So, know we know, but it means that we've got to find some more TM's and MWO paperwork on heater installs for my website... :)

Comment

Cabel:

Veeeeery Interestink. Pretty cool actually. Now that'd be the hot set-up to go camping with. Good Luck on finding more info on that critter.

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Working...
            X