1948 power wagon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lug Nut Removal not conventional

Well after many hours of struggling to get only 11 of 20 nuts off. My muscle came out to help and delivered an even longer cheater bar than the 2-3' one I had been using. I must say that it was extremely easy with just a steady pull to break the remaining 9 nuts. Took less than 15 min. Lugs were soaked with penetrating oil for a couple of days prior knowing that they would be a bear to break loose.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that's a cheater bar!

Comment

It has been awhile since last post and several items have been accomplished. Wheels came back from the Powder Coater and tires installed. This has been great as the old ones would not hold air and I was tired of filling them back up. I understand the rings are not the correct color but I allowed my helpers choose it. It has grown on me this last month.

Removed the bed that was not orgininal and used the rear fenders on my other 48 PW. I will create a flat bed for this vehicle.

Removed the running boards, front fenders, inner fenders, and brought those to the Powder Coater with replacement short running boards. Have also removed the radiator in preparation of bring it and the cab to a shop to remove the dents. Possibly also have them paint it as I have no experience on that end. Nothing has been disconnected in the cab so it will be awhile.
        Attached Files

Comment

Additional photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

I like the ring color

Comment

Cab stretch is moving along

Slowly but surely the cab stretch is coming along. The corner windows have also been installed. Hope to be in paint soon but i will not hold my breath.
              Attached Files

Comment

Corner windows

Character lines have been extended along with the cab extension.
                Attached Files

Comment

I love the corner windows!
                  1967 W200.aka.Hank
                  1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                  2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Loaded and ready to go to the auto body shop.

Well I have the cab of the white one finally loaded along with the hood and radiator shield/cowl. This one will not be extend but stay as original. I am really thinking about going with Rio Maroon but still have time. I need to have a huge cab dent;from what I was told a loose water tank in the bed, normal bullet hold and what looks like a A frame dent across the hood. The A frame was not on the vehicle when purchased.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that is looking really great!

Comment

What type of media and or system is the sandblaster going to use?

I have seen several systems and am very curious on what works the best.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Looking fantastic
                        1967 W200.aka.Hank
                        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Gas tank repairs

One of the tasks this week I hope to finish is the repair of my rusted out gas tank. I have cut the tank open to allow better access and to visually ensure all the rust is removed. It is now sand blasted. Need to drill out the 4 rusted screws, retap them, apply rust removal/killer To the last remaining rust, seal the tank, and then the step I am worried about - rewelding it back. Will have to figure out how to apply sealer to the inside welds after completed.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving today. May you and your families be blessed and safe this holiday.
                            Todd

Comment

Gas tank sealing

In the process of sealing my gas tank with KBS system. First is to clean and dry the tank although being sand blasted was not required. Sped the process up a little with a little extra heat. No photos of the etching unless my son has one. Then here is the first coat of the sealer. Left a seam so we have no issue welding it back together; or should I say my son who is in town for the holiday.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice repair job on that tank

Comment

Working...
                                X