`58 Power Wagon named Al resurrection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rust

Thankfully no rust but not sure if this is just sloppy factory assembly line hack job (Holes in corners both sides same) to put big back window in or someone did it after that.

Is this factory? I have a `59 but it has a small window so cannot compare
    Attached Files

Comment

window in

That was fun, haha. Now for the lock strip.

Also welded the holes above glass from some kind of mount they had screwed on.
      Attached Files

Comment

I located another Yankee light to match

Now I can register AL. I still have only snuck down the road and back tell I get it legalized.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking darn spiffy! It's nice to see the progress.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I am looking forward to bouncing around on some back roads soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pismopowerwagon View Post
              Thanks Matt, I am looking forward to bouncing around on some back roads soon.
              That's super! Just what the old beast was made for. Be sure to post pictures of that kind of stuff, too.

Comment

Looking good Andy. You will be getting all kinds of questions and compliments on it when you're driving it. You just don't see this era of Dodge truck around. Glad to hear that you are making progress.

Comment

Thanks Andy, it will on the road soon registered.

Comment

is the hemi stock? I think you could custom order them that way

Comment

Hemi

Kaegi the original owner I bought it from added the 1957 New Yorker 392 when he needed more power. He was a welder and this truck was loaded down with a 225 slant six powered welder and all the equipment. The bed still has the huge diamond plate sheet the welder was mounted to. Good weight ballast haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pismopowerwagon View Post
                        Kaegi the original owner I bought it from added the 1957 New Yorker 392 when he needed more power. He was a welder and this truck was loaded down with a 225 slant six powered welder and all the equipment. The bed still has the huge diamond plate sheet the welder was mounted to. Good weight ballast haha
                        that will be towing monster. mileage isn't that bad with hemis either. very efficient combustion chamber

Comment

How is the registration process coming? Ready for a true road trip yet?
                          Thank you again for sharing this with all of us.
                          1967 W200.aka.Hank
                          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

turn signals

No registration yet, I didn't have a working turn signal switch so I decided I better be ready in case DMV needs to do a visual inspection which I bet they will since Al has been sitting so long there are no records at DMV. I do have a title though.
                            The original switch must have broke long ago and he added a clamp on type that was wore out. So I found another TB 16-12 used with some patina that works fine. I just need to figure out the wire diagram.

I have a around 1/2 hour a day spare time to work on it and takes 20 minutes each time to remember where I left off . HAHA

Thanks for asking :) I would like to take it out some dirt roads soon these new tires are too clean.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Grote Turn Signal switches

my original 1957 strap on is toast and the '58 column switch is a bundle of cash for a replacement. Found these guys, they make switches for trucks like Mack and Freightliner.
                              Wiring is straight forward and price is very reasonable. Built in 4 way flasher and I bought it through my local O'Reiley. ~$70? including a wiring harness.
                              Down side is it isn't as 1957 as I would like, but can't wait to get it hooked up.
                              I got the #40872 and will be using it with the "brake circuit"
                              http://www.grote.com/product-categor...gnal-switches/

Just a different direction to go.
                              DrPepper

Comment

Originally posted by DrPepper View Post
                                my original 1957 strap on is toast and the '58 column switch is a bundle of cash for a replacement. Found these guys, they make switches for trucks like Mack and Freightliner.
                                Wiring is straight forward and price is very reasonable. Built in 4 way flasher and I bought it through my local O'Reiley. ~$70? including a wiring harness.
                                Down side is it isn't as 1957 as I would like, but can't wait to get it hooked up.
                                I got the #40872 and will be using it with the "brake circuit"
                                http://www.grote.com/product-categor...gnal-switches/

Just a different direction to go.
                                DrPepper
                                That works too, it is good we have options available

Comment

Working...
                                X