2007 Durango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Durango

I just bought a 2007 Durango at an auction. It was a K-9 unit in Cochise county Az. It's got a bit over 68K on the clock. It has the Police console and the Dog screen separating the back seat from the cargo area. It smells a bit "doggish" but not bad, I expect it will improve after I have it detailed.
    I've removed the the cage behind the front seat, My grand kids can be rowdy at times but I don't think I need a ballistic barrier. I may regret this decision later.
    It's my third personal Durango . We bought a 99' and an 04' and I drove 06 thru 08's as a patrol car. They went to Ferds right after I retired.
    This truck is meant to be my toy so I'll probably do some suspension mods. Maybe add a winch, taller tires and new R&P sets and air lockers. We'll see how that goes.
    The truck currently runs like a champ . It's nice to have a new toy. Not bad for under two grand.
    I drove it home from Az. the A/C was as cold as it was new. I made sure to stop and get a one trip permit since the exempt plates had been removed.
    I had to stop at the border and show my paperwork but I had no problems and the trip was smooth all the way home. The code reader showed nothing when I checked prior to starting the drive home. I had a lube outfit do an oil and filter change also before heading home. It'll cost me a tad over four bills to register it but it's got temp tags now. Smog is next and then we're off to the races.

Sounds Like a good deal to me Bob.
    I like the Durango. My wife's 99 has been a great vehicle for her and trouble free.

TGP
    WDX & Misc. Pics.
    http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
    "47" Dodge WDX WW
    "52" Dodge M-37 WW
    "54" Willys M38A1
    "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
    "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
    "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
    "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
    "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
    "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

What does police console mean?
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
        What does police console mean?
        It's the console that holds the radio, siren and lightbar controls.

Comment

Working...
        X