• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow, you dah man...!!!!

Fantastic, I was hoping you could get two drums out of it. Maybe the 2 years of penetrating fluid finally worked in to give you a hand...LOL.
          So are you going to put the 4:89 "road gears" under your PU?
          Great news... thanks.
          DrPepper

Comment

They possibly may go under my 57 Power Wagon Town Panel. I just can't make up my mind. Thanks again, how's your Town Wagon coming along?

Comment

Not bad, need more time...!

The 1979 W150 axles are installed, power steering box and drag link fitted. All the brake lines are in and I'm trying to get them bled with the proportioning valve being a bit of a frustration. Can't seem to get the back purged properly and the valve isn't tripped. Will get it eventually.
              Once that's done I can sort the electrical under the hood and fit the front clip.
              Found a radiator (57 Chevy LOL) that fits pretty good for $50 and is in nice shape.
              That's about it.
              DrP

Put up a pix of your '57 Panel, like to see it.

Comment

That's exactly what I used for a radiator in my 66 Town Wagon. I looked at measurements and found that the radiator for a 57 Chevy has just the right sizes. I bought a new aluminum radiator for it. Works great.

Comment

Comment

Nice... PW Panel.

Looks to be in fair shape... little buffing and it'll be great.
                    Is it a V8 or 6? The TC is huge under the passenger side. Found out about the one stick shift lever for it. Let me know if you want the pages I scanned that tell about it.
                    DP

Comment

Time to catch up...brief overview

Last April I was "laid off" because I told the boss I wouldn't move to Chicago, (good things do happen) so, I finally had time to work on what I wanted to...my rental property and my TW-PW.
                      First was to install the 1979 Dodge axles and get a rolling vehicle. Timing was perfect as Andy was looking for a good front axle for his '57 PU. My engine is still the '87 318 with a short tail-shaft 727 trans. and original '57 NP-201. One big reason I wanted the '79 axles is the 3.21 ratio. I understand the NP-201 and 205 transfer cases have over heating problems due to friction at high speeds, even with the 4:89 "road gear" mine had. Changing the ratio to 3.21 drops the rpm at 40 mph from 2250 to 1425.
                      Original Parking brake handle adjuster was welded together (literally!!! no idea why?) so, bought a '79 foot pedal assembly and ran new cables for the '79 rear parking brakes. The '79 is disc and drum. Found out the rear is an LSD and it works great.
                      1979 Power Master Cylinder, Proportioning valve and all new lines finally got 98% bled, I have a good pedal and no leaks.
                      Tires and wheels are '79 OEM 15", can't go bigger as I have to drop the rear pressure to 10 psi to get in the garage without scraping the door frame to much.
                      Last weekend I backed up and down the driveway just to get a feel for what it was like. No radiator or water so it had to be quick. Steering is very light and the brakes actually work. Exhilarating..!!!
                      Yesterday I cleaned off the front clip and trimmed the inner panel to fit around the new power steering box. It has all of 6 bolts holding it in place, it needs some repairs (sheet metal cracks and one rust spot) and the wiring is being sorted.
                      That's it without the gory details.
                      DrPepper
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking great. I would like to see it in person again someday. You going to bring it to the Iowa Rally sometime?

Comment

Iowa Rally...2018 maybe

Hi Andy, would love to, but trying to be realistic on time frame and list of what has to be done to be reliable and comfortable. My goal is to drive it to Belvidere, IL for our annual "Mopar Happening" car show in July. That's about a 25 mile round trip.
                          Want to take it in steps.
                          DP

Comment

Got back to the '57, working on the wiring and it spills over into the interior and glass. Trial fit the new instrument panel today. Sanding down the dash ugly brush painted yellow stuff and will be putting on Dupli-Color Textured Metallic Medium Gray. Dash and passenger panels are 1/8" aluminum covered with
                            black DSCN0027 (Large).JPG Naugahyde.

Comment

That gauge cluster is very nice, will they read your factory sending units, or did you find matching units to go along with the auto meter gauges?
                              1967 W200.aka.Hank
                              1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                              2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Bought Autometer kit #1902, comes with all new senders so there are no compatibility issues. Finally found the correct connectors on there web site to make them single plug-ins. It's an Arizona / Colorado truck so all the wire insulation and rubber is shot. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X