Frame dimensions measurements for 1952 B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame dimensions measurements for 1952 B3

My 52 frame was cut and rewelded long before I owned it. Aside from being about one inch too short, all of the other dimensions are good. After 10 years of sitting around, I am finally going to return her to her original dimensions.

I know the dimensions from the shop manual, but I would like to know if anyone can tell me the specific differences between A and B and B and C in the picture.

Instead of taking the tires, axles, and springs off, I am going to build a laced post shore to hold up both sides while I cut, separate, and then weld (I just took Rescue Systems 2). I will be using a blum bob to get the length correct.

Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

9, 10, & 11 from that drawing will techinically give you the dimensions you are looking for, might take a little math.

Problem with asking distances "from the ground" is that will change depenidng on the suspension (new, old, how much weight is in the vehicle that day), tires (size, air pressure, treadwear), and of course if the ground itself is level. These trucks don't usually sit level empty anyway.

If measuring the top differences don't help you would have to measure the thickness of the frame at each shown location and you could calculate the distances to an imaginary bottom line like your blue line. The distance from the ground to that blue line is irrelevent.

Comment

I understand that the distance to the ground is irrelevant. the truck will be up on blocks. I see what you are saying about the math.

In the new picture, the difference between A and B would be, the size of the frame at A +10(6") -9(1 7/16") -the size of the frame at B, right?

If the blue line is straight, then the difference between C and D would be, the size of the frame at C -the size of the frame at D, right?

do you know if the blue line is straight? I would imagine it is.
      Attached Files

Comment

Correct by my figuring. Probably not the most accurate method, but I'm not sure these frames were super accurate from the factory.

I would also assume the blue line is correct since proper drawing ettiquete should note if they were not the same from one side to the other.

Comment

Working...
        X