Cleaning rubber parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning rubber parts

Some of you may have used this already but just in case I offer this tip. I've found that Wesley's Bleach White Tire Cleaner works wonders on all rubber parts especially weather stripping and door escutcheons used on the Power Giants. The old weather strips look as good as new after using the cleaner and a soft brush. Depending on how stained your rubber escutcheons are they will look better after a good scrubbing. It seems to make the rubber a little more pliable also. Just wanted to pass that along.

Thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for ways to rejuvenate old rubber.

I've used Vaseline with decent results in the past. Glob it on and let it soak in. Works better when it is hot out. It can be messy for awhile.

Comment

I have used Wesley's for years, love it. I don't use it every time, but mainly on stuff that hasn't had it in a while, if ever.

Bucky

Comment

old rubber parts

I've had good luck throwing the original rubber pieces in a bead blast cabinet, worked wonders for the windshield gasket in my m37, took off at least 3 paint jobs and left it looking new and pretty soft.

Comment

Dad owned a printing shop and he used a product called "Varn Super Rubber Rejuvenator" on the rubber rollers and blankets and such. Amazing product. A great thing to have in the shop. It removes stains and glaze and restores the pliability of rubber with just a simple wipe. No scrubbing.

Comment

Working...
          X