Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge is my first truck

Hi everyone,
    Been reading the forums for awhile and thought I should finally post in this section. I have a 1973 W100 that I use as my daily driver. I bought it at the beginning of the year when I was looking for anything (I was 16 at the time, 17 now and had my license but no vehicle). I've always been a fan of mopar as my stepdad and stepbrother have had them every since I've been around them and it rubbed off on me. I got a pretty good deal on my truck, and it runs good but still needs a lot of work to make it look better. The cool thing is it was a one family truck and when I opened the glove box, the original manual was in there along with the warranty info from the dealer.

The truck has been great for me and is working out great now that I'm in College.

This is the best picture I have for now, I'll see if I can get a better one tomorrow.

--Nick
    Attached Files

Welcome Nick!
    Your rig has a good looking stance. What's on the trailer???

Comment

Hi MoparNorm,
      My truck has a 4" lift w/ 33x12.50x16.5 tires which makes it look pretty good. I bought it that way and wouldn't raise it anymore.

That is a WWII trailer I bought on ebay. I got two of them for $100 up in Norcal (Susanville) but only brought one home as that is all the truck could handle and that's all I have room for. It weighs in at about 4000# plus the trailer I put it on so I was probably pulling about 7500 - 8000 pounds. We pulled it with my dodge over Donner Pass and it did great (gotta love the 360).

I still need to paint the truck, but will probably paint it OD green for now and kind of make it look like a M880.

--Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice truck Nick!

Hi Nick,

Good luck with your truck. Thought it was funny how close our last names were, Bombino & Bombini. Anyway best of luck with the truck.

Comment

Sounds like a NY Law Firm, Bombino & Bombini! ha!ha!

Comment

Hmmm, and if your kids got married to each other their children would be Bombino/Bombini bambinos?

Welcome, Nick & StateRanger, great truck, Nick! That's one of my favorite body styles in vintage Dodges, I've had 5 or 6 of them! They just keep running and running as long as you do the maintenance. Many happy miles to you.

JimmieD

Comment

Welcome Aboard Nick

The trailer looks like a directors trailer, John @ Midwest-Mil had a couple of them a while back?

Comment

That really is funny how close our last names are. In fact, half the time when people first try to pronounce my name, they end up calling me Bombino.

Norm, I was thinking more on the lines of mafia..... capice? ha ha!

Jimmie, other than having the sort out previous owner problems, the truck has been great. I do all of my own maintenance and it keeps going. Heck, I even get about 14-15 MPG highway w/ a 360, auto trans, and 4.11 gears.

Bruce, you're right about that one. I remember seeing the one's John had on the internet but they were too far for me. I got a good deal on this one. Cost me more in gas to pick it up than I paid for the two of them.

--Nick

Comment

We're Waiting

For the pictures, they look like they will complement each other, what color/# od are you planing on going with?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Bombini View Post
                    That really is funny how close our last names are. In fact, half the time when people first try to pronounce my name, they end up calling me Bombino.

Norm, I was thinking more on the lines of mafia..... capice? ha ha!

Jimmie, other than having the sort out previous owner problems, the truck has been great. I do all of my own maintenance and it keeps going. Heck, I even get about 14-15 MPG highway w/ a 360, auto trans, and 4.11 gears.

Bruce, you're right about that one. I remember seeing the one's John had on the internet but they were too far for me. I got a good deal on this one. Cost me more in gas to pick it up than I paid for the two of them.

--Nick
                    Yep, and if other folks would follow that EXCELLENT ADVICE their lives would be, oh, so much more uncomplicated! 90% of the time the answer to the many posts, "I have a problem with my XXX, what should I do?" the correct one word answer is: MAINTENANCE!

Comment

Working...
                    X