Family truck disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family truck disease

Hi Iam a new registered member stoped lurkin.
    My Dodge sickness started with stories of my parents 72 Power Wagon
    using it to clear ten acres ,they had a well caseing for a front bumper and would run over trees then drag them out of the ground to be burnt sounds like fun eh!
    They also went to Maimi in it in order to do this my dad got two five gallon jerry cans full of recycled oil, it burnt oil pretty bad(smoked) they got the universal wave all the way down by passing people !
    So fast forward to when I was able to buy my own truck ,my 1st vehicle was a Dodge 2wd that I bought with my brother he told to get my own after I kept it getting it durty from exlporing the woods/trails .
    So of course I wanted a Dodge 4x4 I was looking for a PW ,but couldnt find any around here in good shape by chance I did find a 1989 Power Ram
    same thing as a older PW .
    I had this truck for 6 years and put alot of time into it money to .
    I have put detroit locker front and rear lifted it four inches 33 inch tires
    9000 pound Warn winch with a winch bumper few other little things .
    I also joined a local 4x4 club and had some wheeling with them

http://gator4x4.com/photosets/alapaha05

it was deeper than it looked and water sucks !
    but its always a learning leason when you get stuck, or inhale 4 gallons of
    water in your engine !

well thanks for reading I give some spec on my truck

1989 POWER RAM 150 lwb 318 eng 727 trans 241 transfer case
    4inch superlift 33 inch tires
    front dana 44 with a detroit true trac locker large u joints
    rear 9 1/4 detroit locker with tsm disc brakes

Welcome Gator4x4, as you probably already know you there is no known cure for your illness other than to enjoy your truck and get more Dodge trucks. I would agree that deep water sucks especially down your intake to flood your engine. Hope it wasn't damaged, hydro lock can really get expensive. I enjoy wheeling at Windrock in Oliver Springs, TN when we can make it down there which we have 3 times now. Maybe you'd like to join us in the spring if we get a ride together, we usually have 8-10 trucks which include Power Wagons, Townwagons , 49 Willys CJ , an 85 Ram crewcab and M 37s. Have fun and keep the shiny side up.

Comment

yeah it didnt hydrolock my engine 318 are a very tough motor it did fry the alt though and brain some other stuff I guess I was lucky though .
      I like to go to wheel up there sounds like fun just sorta broke right now .

Comment

Working...
      X